Gift

The second the Kings and Queens had left, I bolted for Trumpkin. I hugged him, lifting him in the air as he shouted and complained. 

"(Y/n) let me down!" he tried to pry my hands off "By the bloody mane, (L/n)!"

At the sound of my last name, I set him down. Trumpkin only ever used it when he was about to get angry. 

"You can't blame me Trumpkin, I thought you were dead!" I stopped all movement "Wait, did they hurt you? The telmarines?"

Trumpkin grumbled under his breath and started walking toward the rest of the group, where Ninabrik and Trufflehunter were too waiting for answers. 

- - - - - - - - - -

"And so the High Queen shouted to let me down. Let me down?! That's all she had to say?" Trumpkin complained.

I giggled, finding my friend's narration very funny, and picked another flower near my hoof. 

"But that's beside the point because Queen Lucy almost got killed by a bear. Could you believe that? She thought it was a Narnian!"

"Actually," I interrupted "I can easily believe it. You seem to forget the last time they were here was more than a millennial ago."

Ninabrik rolled his eyes, annoyed with my obsession with the golden age.

"You're right, (Y/n). Apparently, it has been so long that they thought the Beruna Gorge was still only a river." Trumpkin nodded "They had to see the telmarin camp themselves before believing me. I swear, they swarmed the North-East shore. With all of their little mechanics, and weapons, and smell... disgusting."

I tied the string of flowers to the other end, finishing the crown "They have weapons? Why, they're only building a bridge."

Trumpkin shrugged and kept on explaining his adventure. Then, an idea hit me.

"Uh, I'll be right back," I called to my friends and jogged to Caspian, who was walking with the Kings and Queens. I eyed Queen Lucy with hesitation. I had to talk to her sooner or later about Mr. Tumnus.

I arrived behind Caspian and snatched the crown he already had on his head, tossing it away. He turned back, surprised, but smiled once he saw it was only me. I put the new crown behind me and smiled.

"Guess which hand!"

He feigned thinking and chose my right. I smiled even brighter, showing him his price. I gently placed it on his head, placing his hair. I stepped back to admire my work, but I saw the High King looking at us with a fond smile, and my eyes shot to the ground, reminding me of the reason I had come to see them in the first place

I bowed toward the High King "Your Majesty, I just had an idea concerning our defense."

He straightened and nodded, allowing me to stand straight again "I'll hear you."

We kept on walking all together "Trumpkin told me you all encountered a telmarin camp on the North-East shore of the Beruna River, one that was supplied with weapons and provisions. " I inhaled, feeling nervous "It came to my mind, that we could send a stealthy detachment to retrieve some of it in the preparation of our stay in Aslan's How."

I didn't see the King's expression, but he hummed in consideration. "That is a very good idea, soldier. I'll start searching for volunteers."

Caspian cleared his throat, grabbing everyone's attention "(Y/n)'s not a soldier."

King Edmund raised a brow "Oh? Then what is she? She seems important."

I turned to Caspian with a waiting look. That was a good question, what was I?