chapter 3

[Power over me - Dermot Kennedy]

In the meantime, two weeks had passed since the party and a real friendship had developed between Fabio and me, even if I couldn't explain how.
We wrote a lot and when time allowed, we also talked on the phone.
Of course we both had stress because the new season will start soon in our respective sports.
Nevertheless, we had found a day on which we could meet. Tomorrow.

At the moment I was in Italy with Max, Christian and other members of the Redbull Racing Team.
The presentation of the new racing car took place here.
I had just come back from the normal performance. It wasn't until tomorrow that we started driving.
However, the first presentation was already quite exhausting because it took a long time and I had to get up early again tomorrow.As soon as I arrived, I dropped straight into the bed in my hotel room. I actually wanted to go to sleep immediately, but I promised Fabio that I would write to him as soon as I got back.
So I grabbed my phone and started typing.

Hey, I'm back from
the presentation now
Was pretty exhausting...

I can imagine
How long do your testings take tomorrow?

until twelve.
then we'll have lunch with the team and then I'm free :D

perfect, I'll come and pick
you up at the hotel
And don't forget your
bathing suite :)

Normally at the end of February I wouldn't have brought my bathing suit because it was still much too cold. However, Fabio had already told me before I left that I should take some with me. Why was still a mystery to me.
We continued to write for a short time, when my tiredness got the better of me and I had to say goodbye.
I put my phone down, quickly got ready for bed and then fell asleep a few minutes later.

-------------------

I felt the passion that ran through me when I realized that in 10 minutes I would finally be back in the racing car.
There have already been testings on the race track, but today the new car will be driven in front of an audience for the first time. And not on a racetrack for the first time either. A part of the normal road was cordoned off.
I was just discussing with a team member where I should go. It was a short stretch of the road. It then also led over a bridge and at the end I was supposed to drift a bit.
I nodded understandingly, took the written sheet from him and sat down in a corner to study the route again.
Suddenly I heard a noise next to me.
When I looked to my right, I saw that my phone was still in the box. I must have forgotten to put it away. Not only that, because apparently I forgot to turn it off as well.
I quickly grabbed my phone, hoping no one would notice. Actually, I wasn't allowed to have it in the box. At least not five minutes before I had to get in the car. I wanted to turn off my phone right away, but then I saw who the message was from. From Fabio.
I knew I should hurry and get my phone out of here, but I just had to open the message now.
When I clicked on it, I realized that Fabio had sent me a picture of a TV showing two presenters at the moment.
The next message contained a text:"I found it 👀"
I laughed quietly to myself.

From what I heard yesterday, Fabio spent the whole day trying to find out if my ride is being broadcast anywhere and if so where it is broadcasting.
Looks like his search was successful.

I quickly sent him a thumbs up and stowed my cell phone when I was called to enter my race car.
I was more excited and nervous than usual as soon as I sat in the car.
I wasn't sure why, but something told me that I felt this because I knew Fabio was watching me.
But at the latest, when I made my donuts, the two feelings were gone and I only felt passion.
Passion for the car.
Passion for the sport.
I loved the speed, the adrenaline and everything else about it.

The presentation was over after an hour. Max and I both put our cars back in the pits - unharmed, thank God-.
We were already back in our normal clothes and were now waiting for the rest of the team to finally go out to eat.
It didn't take long for the car that Max and I were going to drive in, as the restaurant is a bit far from the road we were driving on earlier.
We both sat in the back seat.
I pulled out my phone to quickly tell Fabio I'd be back at the hotel in about an hour.
A short time later, I got a message from him saying that he will be there. A second message arrived

By the way, you were really good today. I just love your driving style :)

This message made me smile.
Max glanced sideways at my phone.
Then he started to grin: "A date?"
"Of course not," I replied, the smile instantly disappearing from my face, "I'm meeting up with a friend."
"Yeah, I saw your smile," Max answered quietly, still grinning.
Annoyed, I turned away from him and didn't respond anything.
This was the second time that someone had made such insinuations between Fabio and me. But why?
I'm also friends with other guys, without something like that coming up all the time. Why not with this friendship?
We were really just friends.
But why did Fabio has a certain power over me that decides my mood?
No matter how bad I was feeling, as soon as Fabio's name flashed up somewhere on my phone, I immediately felt a little better.
Oh God, please let this all end well...