(Request) Uncalled For- Regulus

Start from the beginning

"For you? Never." He commented, making you roll your eyes.

The walk from the corridor and down to Greenhouse three was a rather enjoyable one. It was predominantly spent in silence, but that was something which you and Regulus were accustom to when walking together. It was just how you two are.

The Greenhouse was empty when you arrived, which was nice and unlike usual. The last time being a couple of months back when you accidently walked in on a class of second years. You had zoned out, your mind preoccupied with the essay you had left to write, and so you didn't hear the ruckus the students were making as you pushed open the door. It was awkward to say the least and something you never want to repeat. Regulus on the other hand, wouldn't let you live it down for days after that, not that you blame him, you'd do the same if he'd done it.

Regulus stayed close as you both strolled in, the door being left wide open as you walked over and collected the plant off the bench. "This the plant?" Regulus asked, eyeing it. You nodded. "It's cute." He comments as you smile.

It was a small plant in comparison to some of the others you've owned since coming to Hogwarts. Professor Sprout has never minded either in helping you with your small plant collection. In fact she, apart from Regulus, has been the one to encourage you with your hobby. This was where you differed from your brother, James, as he's never been a plant person. It shows. He lives for the excitement and adrenaline of Quidditch and pulling pranks, and you do not. Both of you having your fair share of typical sibling arguments over the matter but nothing more.

James definitely has his moments however, that's for sure, but none more then whenever Regulus is involved. It wasn't so much that your brother hates Regulus but rather is protective of you, some times maybe a little too much. James, more often or not, when he sees Regulus with you will question him, wanting to know where you're both off to or what you're doing. Regulus, bless him, as much as he begrudges this, will comply and be polite to James. As James wasn't just your brother but his brother's best friend also. And regardless to the love-hate relationship Regulus has with Sirius, if he can keep the peace then he would.

"This one joining the others up in your dorm?" Regulus asks, breaking the small silence which had settled and pulling you from your thoughts.

"Yep." You nodded, looking to him. Holding the plant securely in your arm and tight to your chest, you looped your other arm with your boyfriend as you both turned to exit the Greenhouse. Your next destination being your dorm to drop the plant off.

Once back outside and Regulus dropping his arm from yours momentarily to close the Greenhouse door, you were both meet with the quizzical look of James, who had stopped short of you both upon seeing you two leave the Greenhouse. You reckon he was simply passing through, no doubt on his way to meet his friends, but that's a different conversation you suppose.

James seemed to eye you both, Regulus more so, before his eyes landed on the plant pot in your arms. He sighed. "Another one?" He quipped, raising an eyebrow. You grinned, giving your brother the answer he needed. "How many is that now?" He joked. "Surely you're running out of space in your dorm?"

"Oh no she is." Regulus replied, a small laugh leaving his lips. James looked at him, his face turning slightly more serious. You glanced between them both.

"Yeah I am, Jay." You smile, managing to redirect your brother's attention back onto you.

"Where you two off to now?" He then asked, changing the subject of the conversation. Overprotective brother mode kicking in. Regulus looked to you, allowing you to answer, although you both knew James was directing it more towards Regulus.

"Going back to my dorm to drop my plant off then probably out to the courtyard or somewhere." You glanced to Regulus as you spoke the last part, Regulus then nodding to confirm it. James huffed.