𝔅𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔖𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔰

"Mom!" my brother yelled. A sixteen year old me ran to my mother's room where my brother was standing over her body on the floor. "(Y/N) get out" nineteen year old Chris screamed, slamming the door in my face. 

I didn't understand what was going on; All I could do was stand there. I mean, what could I do, really? My mother made me feel as if everything I touch I fuck up anyways so it's not like I could help her without ruining something. 

Chris opened the door ten minutes later and looked down at me, my head in my knees by my mother's door. "She's ok. An ambulance is going to take her away, but she's going to be gone for a while. It's just going to be you and me for a while, alright Bunny?" I nodded as Chris grinned and roughed up my hair.

Chris and I stood in the driveway as mom was being taken away. I looked up at him. "What happened to her?" I asked.

"She's having... problems." Chris hesitated. 

"You can tell me; I'm not a baby anymore so you don't have to protect me." 

Chris looked surprised, as if he were just seeing that as a fact for the first time. "Mom has bipolar disorder. She takes meds for it, but she drinks a lot and they have a worse affect on her." he explained.

"Do you think she'll ever get better?" I asked.

My brother looked forward. "No." he answered.

"Why?" 

"Because she doesn't want to."

*Play Battle Scars by Daisy Clark*

*Two Years Later*

I was asleep at 10:30pm when I heard a glass shatter and yelling. I ran out of my room to see Chris and my mother arguing. "Fuck this! I'm out of here!" Chris yelled. 

Chris stomped past me and I went after him. "Chris? Chris where are you going?" I panicked.

"I'm leaving. I can't stay here anymore." he said as we were in his room while he packed.

"I'll come with you. Just give me some time to pack-"

"No (Y/N). Stay here with mom."

"It's ok. I don't mind. I want to stay with y-"

"I don't want you to come (Y/N)! All you're going to do is slow me down because you ruin everything you touch or get involved in!" my brother yelled.

I froze. Was this the same brother that roughs up my hair and calls me Bunny? The same brother that said we're in this together?

Chris zipped his bag and walked out of the room. I heard the front door slam shut, still unable to move.

*A year Later*

I finished a long day of classes and finally made it to my dorm room. When I opened the door I saw a face I haven't seen in a year and I lit up. "Chris!" I screamed.

 I ran into my brothers arms and held him tightly. "Hey Bunny." he grinned.

"I thought I would never see you again. You never called or visit; I was beginning to worry." I looked down.

"I know Bunny, I've just been busy." Chris said, looking guilty. 

Something about what he said didn't sit right with me, but I was so excited I decided to ignore it. "How have you been? Are you hungry? Where have you gone?" I interrogated with excitement.

"I've been pretty good. I'm actually working on a new business proposal but I need money." he said looking down. 

"Really? Whats the business proposal?" I asked, eyes lighting up.