FIVE: Love and Laughter.

Comincia dall'inizio

"Okay, In shaa Allah."

"Goodbye then," we ended the call. I dialed Billy's number and when she answered I explained everything to her and enquired to know if she could escort me to Fareed's place, and she agreed, saying I should give her fifteen minutes.

After the call, I entered my Aunt's house without the girls noticing. I called for our housemaid, Harirah, who had accompanied us to the gathering, and asked her to come outside with me so we could prepare some snacks for Fareed to munch on. After we were done, I walked over to the table where the girls were eating to inform them that I was leaving.

"So soon? Aren't you going back home with Baba and your sisters?" Salma asked.

"I need to go somewhere, but I'll be back soon, In shaa Allah," I replied, slinging my handbag over my shoulder.

"Ya Meenah, where are you going?" Ihsan asked curiously.

"To a place where you're not invited," I said, then told Aysa to let Baba know that I was visiting a friend and would return soon.

I bid them all goodbye and went outside just in time Billy had arrived, and so we took a bolt ride to our destination. Twenty minutes later, we arrived at Marafa Estate.

His uncle is His Excellency Dr. Aminu Shariff, the former governor of Kaduna State. Whenever Fareed is in Kaduna, he stays at his uncle's residence, which is essentially their family house here. I called Hussain to inform him of my arrival, and he came out to meet me, then took hold of the snacks basket I came with, before leading us into the guys' own separate wing of the house.

****

"Thanks a lot for coming, ladies," Hussaini smiled, guiding Billy and me into the house. I couldn't help but notice a subtle flirty look he gave Billy, leaving me slightly puzzled. As I turned to catch Billy's reaction, she blushed shyly.

"Uh, what is happening here?" I inquired, my curiosity piqued.

"Nothing of course," Billy brushed it off, but I made a mental note to extract the truth from her later.

Once in the living room, we settled onto a comfortable couch while Hussaini went to fetch Fareed. Nerves crept over me; no one else knew we were here, and if my father discovered it, he'd probably have a fit. Fareed, this better be worth the risk.

"Feel at home, ladies," Hussaini welcomed as he returned, placing a small stack of medications on the glass coffee table. "By the way, here are his medications, and there's food on the dining table. Try to get him to eat before he takes his pills."

I glanced at him, puzzled. "Where are you going? Didn't you say you're not traveling anymore?"

He sighed, looking a bit tired. "I'm not traveling, but there are some things I need to take care of," he explained, then turned to Billy, "Bilqees, if you want, we can go together so you won't be oppressed by these two lovers?"

Before I could oppose her leaving, she unexpectedly agreed, "Yes, Hussain, I would love to," dropping my jaw in disbelief.

"Billy, are you seriously going?" I questioned, staring at her in utter disbelief.

"Chill, Mrs. Fareed. We will be back soon. I won't kidnap your friend. Right, Billy?" Hussaini asked, giving her a wink, and she couldn't help another blush. I hoped this girl isn't falling for this player; Fareed has once mentioned that he's responsible for breaking a lot of hearts.