"Shut up she so would!"

I nudge her into the door frame as we enter the art class.

"YOU BITCH!" She screams. I erupt into giggles as I make a heart with my hands.

"Riley D'Souza!" Our art teacher roars from her desk. "Language young lady! Good lord!"

No one in class lifts their head. This is a daily occurrence. I'm an angel though.

-

"Hi Emi!" I beam at him as I plop my butt down in the car. 

"Hi sweetheart! You seem cheery." He smiles at me from the drivers seat.

"Yeah I had a good day."

"Oh you have to tell me every single detail." He says as he drives out of the parking lot.

"Okay so this crazy thing happened in my biology class today but I'll tell all of you at dinner because it's a long story and I don't want to tell it four times. I also got my biodiversity test back today and I only got three questions wrong!"

"Oh my god! That's amazing! My smart sister," he says indulging in my recounts of the day. "What else?"

"Then in math we did a lesson on trigonometric identities. Do you remember that from when you were in school."

"Was that the sin, cos, and tan?"

"Yeah but it's like algebra you gotta solve one side and make sure both are equal and simplified."

"Ah yes I do remember that. And how did it go for you?"

"Oh I was so confused for the first half of class but then I figured it out and it made some sense."

"That's good, did you see my drawing in your lunch?" He chuckles.

"Yes I did. You should draw cartoons because that was pretty accurate."

"No, I'll leave the art to you." He shakes his head. Emilio loves my art. He keeps it at his desk in his room. "Well did anything else happen?"

"Yes but I don't know if I want to tell you guys."

"That's fair," he nods. "But, if it's something bad we are here, and if it's something good then I will also be here. Kind of a win-win situation if you're asking me."

"Well... I guess I could tell you. It's good news."

"Spill."

"Okay so there is this boy who has a cru—,"

"Oooh a boy. Florence you are all grown up! My eyes are getting teary!" He jokes around making me giggle a lot.

"Yeah he has a crush on me and you won't believe what I did!"

"What?!"

"I talked to him!" He gets visibly excited as he cheers in the car.

"I'm so proud of you Florence."

"Me too." I can't help but smile.

I then tell him about Riley getting yelled at.

Telling Emilio all about my day is probably one of my favourite pats of the day. He's always so ready to listen and gets so excited which makes me excited and then I get really really happy.

He also brings me hot chocolates.

-

Dinner was going fine until Emilio proudly told the other three that I talked to a boy today. There was a simultaneous clanking of their utensils crashing down onto their plates.