Lucía's Two Surprises (17)

It was Lucía's 20th birthday. Just like every other year, Camilla wasn't here. Year after year, Camilla would always send a message to Lucía, but ever since Lucía's 18th birthday, it seemed that Camilla had forgotten. Usually every year, Lucía, Luz, Wionna and Willow would go out and celebrate her birthday, but this year was different.

It wasn't just the 4 of them anymore. Amelia and Becca would be there to celebrate with Lucía. Did Lucía know about this? not really. Obviously, she was going to hang out with Amelia, but she would've never expected anyone else to be there too.

Lucía woke up by Luz's singing. "Happy birthday Lucía!" Luz grinned. "Morning Luz" Lucía yawned as she got up from her bed. "Since it's your birthday, I made you a cake!" Luz revealed the cake from behind her back. "Luz.. I know you bought this. Did you take the bus?" Lucía grabbed her phone to notice a bunch of notifications from her friends.

"You caught me.. but, I think it was a nice gesture!" Luz exclaimed. "It was. Thank you" Lucía ruffled Luz's hair. "I also bought you a gift" Luz pulled a tiny box out of her pocket. "Oo, what is it?" Lucía opened the box, revealing a pendant. It was no ordinary pendant. It had a picture of Lucía and Luz in it from Lucía's 13th birthday. Lucía could almost feel a tear forming in her eye.

"Luz, this is amazing! I love it so much" Lucía hugged her sister. "It was nothing!" Luz hugged her back. Lucía unlocked her phone to read all the messages her friends had left her.

Salix 🖕
YOO HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Hopefully you get hit by a bus😊
seen 10:15AM

You are horrible you know that right
delivered 10:15AM

Vida mía❤❤
Happy birthday baby💖
Treating you tonight🤭❤
seen 10:16AM

I LOVE YOU SOSO MUCH💖💖❤
seen 10:16AM

I love you more💖💖
seen 10:16AM

Vinney Winni
Happy birthday Lucía🫂
I had no clue you were turning 20 today Amelia told me🧍‍♂️
seen 10:17AM

Does this mean I get Monday off?😊
seen 10:17AM

Mhmm.. NO
seen 10:18AM

Wow rude
seen 10:18AM

Lucía was looking at all the messages, until she noticed one from a person she hadn't heard from in a while.

Mama
Feliz cumpleaños cariño❤ I am so sorry for not sending you a message the past 2 years. I miss you a lot Lucía❤
seen 10:19AM

I did not expect a message from you mom
But, thank you
seen 10:19AM

I'll see you in a bit❤
seen 10:20AM

What do you mean?
Mom??
Hello?
delivered 10:20AM

"Please don't tell me.." Lucía muttered under her breath. "Did you say something?" Luz asked. "Erm, no! how about you cut us both a slice of that cake you bought?" Lucía quickly changed the subject. "Ofcourse!" Luz ran up the stairs. Lucía flopped down on her bed and sighed. She really didn't want her mother to be here.

3 days prior

Amelia ran to the location Becca and Wionna agreed on picking her up at. She waited for 10 minutes until she noticed Becca's car pull up. "Hey guys" Amelia got in. "We're heading to my place right?" Amelia asked. "Yeah, my parents are about to go to bed. I don't know what's up with them and sleeping early" Wionna cackled.