|| 41. Baring My Soul to You ||

"Om, I don't know what to do? She refuses to open her mouth" Shivaay spoke to Om who was on the other side. It had almost been a week and Annika's behavior hadn't changed.

And Shivaay had had enough. This was going on long enough. He, by nature wasn't a very patient man and only he knew how much ounces of strength he had to put together to be patient and loving towards Annika. It wasn't like he was irritated, it was just that she was stressing herself, he was in lots of tension and an invisible wall was getting created between them which he certainly wasn't liking. She was distancing herself from him and his heart was continuously telling him that it was wrong. And for a change, Shivaay seemed to be listening to it.

"Shivaay, you still there?" Om's voice came and Shivaay cleared his throat.

"Um yeah"

"I don't think I am of much help here. You both are husband wife and there seems quite a personal matter. It was not like this at the beginning as well but we could help. Now if you think if the matter has escalated, you have your take a concrete decision. After all, it is the question of your full life. Bas itna hi kahunga, soch samajh ke lena and dil ki sunna. Woh tujhe kabhi galat raah pe nahi leke jaayega" Saying so, Om cut the call.

"Your dinner" Annika entered the room after a minute and kept a tray of food in front of him. It had a small dish with his medicines too.

"We can eat together. You bring your plate also na. Baatein karte karte khaate hai. You like that, don't you?" He said, holding her hand.

"I have some work to complete and calls to make. Tomorrow, there is an important event" She replied, freeing her hand and running away without facing him.

Sighing at his another unsuccessful attempt, he quitely began to eat. Even though, Annika had been working from home, he hardly got any chance to talk to her. That is how conveniently she had been avoiding him.

•••

"The divorce between Shivaay Shakti Singh Oberoi and Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi is finalized. The marriage had officially ended and both of you can go your separate ways"

"Latest news suggests that Shivaay Singh Oberoi is set to marry the second time as his first marriage with Mrs. Annika falls apart"

"Annika, you ruined Shivaay Singh Oberoi's perfectly planned life. Don't ever show me your face again. I tried so hard to make you understand and talk to me but all you did was run away from me. Aur kitna bhagogi"

"Noooo" Annika screamed as she yet again, woke up from her terrible nightmares. She looked even more scared as she had never had the last two nighmares where Shivaay was getting remarried and then him blaming her.

Not noticing that she had pushed away her laptop and files, she literally flew out of bed to escape the darkness her room was drowned in.
Making her way to the living room while dashing herself to the walls, she finally stopped when she reached the balcony and crashed down. Breathing a little too vigorously, she didn't have any idea about her surroundings.

Suddenly, she was engulfed in a warm hug by two strong hands. Shivaay, who had woken up due to the sounds coming around the house was shocked to see the situation. Annika's room was disheveled and he immediately made his way the living room. He saw many things on the diwan fallen down, probably due to Annika's push. Getting scared, he scanned the room to see Annika fallen on her knees and had enclosed her hand around her chest and was breathing heavily. Quickly understanding what was happening to her, Shivaay quickly rushed to her and took her in a hug.