|| 22. Special Place||

The next three months passed breezily. Annika continued working at Oberoi industries along with spending time with Om and Prinku on decorating her new office and planning on how to work it out. She was loving this phase and made sure to thoroughly enjoy it. That stupid Saxena was also caught and punished by sending him to jail. All in all, everything was good.

As far as her relationship with Shivaay was concerned, it was going well. She always let her mind rule over her heart as she feared getting hurt and destroying what they had between them. As it was incredibly difficult for her to hate him with him being all sweet and understanding. She was habitual to just fighting and arguing with him. That was actually their comfort zone and she felt out of place when they weren't doing that. The last time they had argued was over the misbehaving incident. After that, all things were rosy. Her heart knew it was love but her mind had overpowered her and she constantly refuted the feelings. Anyway, they was going to file for the divorce after more 3 months.

Yes, they had agreed on that decision that once they are married for 6 months, they will file for divorce as the whole procedure almost takes 6 more months. So all of this can end by the time the period of their living together is over. But Annika wasn't interested in this right now. Living with Shivaay, she had also learnt to hide her real emotions and portray a completely different side to the outside world.

"Annika, are you ready?" She heard Shivaay ask bringing her out of her reverie of self-talk. She looked at herself in the mirror and checked properly. She has to be perfect. After all, it is the inauguration of her new company.

She had finally finished her internship at Oberoi Industries and now had her own company to run. Prinku and Om had helped her a lot and her new office was ready. She also had hired a few employees courtesy Shivaay. She had clearly refused but when had she ever won against him.

"Annika" She heard him again and this time, his voice clearly depicted his irritation.

"Coming, give me a minute" She replied back.

"Come fast" She checked herself for the last time briefly, took her purse, surveyed the room and opened the door slowly to peep at him. She was nervous as she could sense him pace around the living room.

Shivaay turned his back on hearing the door being bolted open.

"Annika, why are you peeping like this? Is this some prank of yours?" He asked, now easily at the end of his tether.

"No, I don't want to face your anger" She replied cutely.

"That you should have thought before getting so late" He said somewhat still angry.

"Acha sorry na. But please ab gussa thuk dijiye and let's leave" She said now completely showing herself to him in that dress.

Shivaay suddenly felt at a loss of words. She looked completely mesmerizing and hard to look away from.

"You do look really beautiful" Annika just gave him a shy smile. By now, he dropped her such compliments and she was used to it to an extent. As her heart always did a somersault everytime he said something like that.

Where Annika kept gawking at Shivaay. His black tuxedo with a waistcoat, white shirt and tie made him look like a perfectly sculpted Greek god. Moreover, his set hair and well trimmed beard were acting as enhancers to his dashing look.

Their relationship had become comfortable to an extent. They shared things with each other but still, there was an invisible wall between the two that separated them. They could feel it but their giant ass ego always prevented them for acknowledging the actual nature of their relationship.