||26.The Chasm||

Shivaay angrily entered the house and he was just about to shut the door of his room when Annika put her foot in between and stopped him from shutting it.

"Shivaay, please ek baar meri baat sunn lijiye"

"Annika, I am really getting late. Leave the door"

"No Shivaay, I won't do it until you listen to me"

"Don't test my patience" Shivaay said with gritted teeth and Annika got a bit intimidated. Yet, she did not back down.

"I am not testing anything. All I am asking you to do is talk to me. You acting like this is not going to make the situation any better" She tried to make him understand.

"I am really really angry. Don't force me to vent it all on you" The frown lines on his forehead deepend as he spoke.

"I think you know that I am not scared of your anger. In fact, I am the only one who has seen almost all of your facets. So, you can't intimidate me with your angry young man avatar, samjhe?" Annika said, giving back his tadi.

"I don't care. Right now, I am getting late" And just on cue, Shivaay's phone rang and he showed her the caller. Shivaay picked up and kept the call on speaker.

"Shivaay sir, the clients are coming in an hour. You had told me that since you wanted to go over the presentation and make some changes, you would come early. Are you coming sir? The meeting is quite important"

"Yes Mishra. I will be there. You keep the presentation ready" Shivaay replied and cut the call. He looked at Annika with raised eyebrows.

"So what? Whatever happens, I am not letting you go without talking" Annika's confidence was touching the sky. But that was because she knew he shouldn't be allowed to vent up his feelings as it will only bring destruction later.

Shivaay noticed her in thoughts and taking that chance, he shut the door.

"Uh Shivaay, I won't leave you" Shivaay chuckled a bit as he heard her bang the door.

Shivaay came out after 20 minutes to see Annika set the table. He went closer and saw her serving the pasta she had made yesterday. She looked up and saw him. She scoffed as he sat down.

"Look Annika, I know what you want to talk about but right now, I am not in the right headspace to discuss that. At least you try to understand"

He didn't hear her reply and looked up to see her forwarding him the plate and the cup of coffee.

"It's okay. I understand. First finish this and then have this medicine" He looked sideways to see a small dish with two tablets.

"Kya hai yeh?" He asked taking a bite of the pasta.

"Aapko nahi pata? I am surprised. Yeh headache ki tablets. But you need to first eat something to have those"

Shivaay was genuinely touched by this act and he heaved a sigh.

"Annika" She looked at him to see a serious expression on his face. "Did I do wrong?"

Annika raised her eyebrows in question, showing her confusion.

"About Om?" He asked.

"I don't think I am a good person to judge that Shivaay because I haven't seen Om when he was neck deep into all this. So if you feel that what you have done is right, so I trust you on that. As your best friend, you will always have my support" Annika assured him and Shivaay gave her a small smile before wiping his face with his hands tiredly.