Won't Let go

I was riding along the highway when I passed by the missing billboard sign again. I still couldn't believe my dad would do this. I'm not to sure how everything is going to go down when I return home after a lot of running away from home. I was almost at the exit to Santa Carla, "The Murder Capital." No matter how frightening that sounds to most people, I will always call Santa Carla home. I turned off on the exit and headed toward town. I'm usually with the guys so, this is a little strange for me. I also felt a lot more unprotected when they're not around. I'm most worried about Dwayne. I don't know how he'll react to this. It was almost 6am. The sun started to rise. I was about to arrive at my house when suddenly, I felt...sick. Not like throwing up sick, but like, feeling bad sick. I had a bad feeling about going back home. Being a vampire and all, you can sense when things are going to happen before they happen. I pulled myself together and went straight to my house. When I pulled in the driveway I was scared. The last time I was here I snuck out and moved away with the boys. "Man, I wish Dwayne was here." I thought to myself, but I had to do this alone. I walked up to the front door and rang the door bell. My dad answered the door. "Well it's nice to see you again. After you ran away, again." he said rudely. My mom came running up to the door. She had a bruise on her arm. I knew it, he hurt her. I tired to keep my cool. It was very hard to. I walked in and sat on the couch. "So who's motorcycle is that?" My dad asked. I didn't say anything. The less he knew about the boys, the better. "Who's is it Sylvia?" He said more impatiently. "A friends." I said without any hesitation. "Tell me who's it is!" He said very aggravated. "It's none of your business." I said calmly. My mom just sat there, somewhat frightened. I started to grow impatient. I tried to think of Dwayne. He was cool and collected. He was very good with his temper. I couldn't handle it though. Thinking of him made it worse. The more I thought of him the more I missed him. My dad started yelling at me for not telling him who's the bike was. I didn't realize it because I was in some sort of daze. Once I was out of it that's when my dad got frustrated and threw a glass at the wall. It shattered into a thousand pieces. I sat there and said nothing. I'm not scared of my dad anymore. I won't let him control me anymore. I stood up and started to walk to the door. My dad got up and stood in front of the door. "Get out of my way." I said strictly. "No. You're not going back to those boys. You're staying here until you answer the question I asked earlier." I stood there and didn't say a word. He got angry and grabbed my arm and dragged me upstairs. I tried to pull away but he would not let go. He threw me in my room and locked the door. I tried banging on the door and trying to get the door open. It was worthless. I was pissed off. I walked over to my work desk and grabbed my lamp and unplugged it and started destroying my room. I took the lamp and hit it against my walls and made huge holes in them. I screamed and took the lamp and shattered my mirror. I threw the lamp on the ground and sat on my bed and cried. All I wanted now was to go back to the boys, back to Dwayne. Then I heard my door unlock and my mom walked in. She sat down beside me and hugged me. "I know you want to go back home with those boys.So I'm going to help you." She said sweetly. "But what about you? I'm not leaving here until he stops hurting you." I said said. "Don't worry about me. I called the police in the bathroom they're on their way here. You need to go before he finds out." she said. I couldn't leave. I'm staying there till I know she's safe. "I'm not leaving. I'm making sure you safe before I leave." I said sternly. "Thank you. Your father may not agree with me but, I want you to go back with those boys. I can tell you love them." she said. I sat there and smiled. "Well, they don't know I'm here actually. I kind of snuck away from them as well. I know they'll be worried, but I had to come here." I said. She smiled. "Well I'm glad you did." We sat there for a few minuets and then we heard police sirens. We went downstairs and went out side. The police were in our front yard and they took us out of the house and by there cars. The cops went in and came out with my dad in handcuffs. Me and my mom was so relieved. He can't hurt us anymore. My mom hugged me and told me to go back to the boys. I hugged her back and she went inside. Once all the police left I got onto Dwayne's motorcycle and headed for our cave here in Santa Carla. I still had a little while before the boys woke up. It was around noon or so. Time went by so fast. I went in our old cave and sat in my little hole where I slept. I decided to take a little nap. After the day I had, I deserved it.