Human for a Day

When were all riding down the beach when Dwayne decided to go away from the group. He rode his bike down a dirt path down to a small cliff. We both got off and I asked why we were there. He said " I need to talk to you about something." We sat down on a fallen log. Dwayne looked at me and said "Your parents want to bring you back home right?" I looked at him and said "yes." He looked at me and said "I think you should go with them." I was shocked. I thought Dwayne loved me, why would he want to get rid of me? "Why would you say that?! I thought you loved me!!" I was really upset, I didn't want to go home, I wanted to stay with Dwayne. He said "I do love you, I just mean for a day." I was relieved but confused. "How will I see my parents for a day? I'm a vampire, and vampires can't go into sunlight." Dwayne said "Well we have a special drink that can turn you into a human for a day." I was really confused. "So your saying there's a drink that can turn me into a normal human for a day?" Dwayne nodded his head. "Wow." I said. "Where is it?" Dwayne said "It's back at the cave, I'll take you back there." We both got up but before we got on the bike Dwayne pulled me in for a kiss. We got back into his bike and I put my arms around his waist and we drove off to the cave. When we got back to the cave and we walked in and Dwayne showed me when the drink was. The guys were sitting around watching us. Dwayne pulled out a small bottle with red jewels on it. He handed it to me and said "Just take a sip and you turn into a human again." I was a little worried about drinking it. "How do you know this will work?" Dwayne looked at me and said "Just trust me." I did and I took a sip of the drink. It had a bitter taste to it but it was bearable. I felt different but felt the same at same time. It was around 5 am and the guys were about to sleep but before they did Dwayne gave me a kiss and said " The drink wears off at 9 pm and if your not back by 9 we will go out and find you." Dwayne went to bed as the sun was coming up and I walked outside into the sunlight for the first time in a year.