↣ chapter eight

Magsimula sa umpisa

The house was mostly quiet that hour-everyone in their own studios or resting up. Even Heejung was fighting the urge to just sleep the entire afternoon had she not promised herself to finish her work.

When she arrived in the kitchen, she immediately opened the fridge to see what she can eat. Lots of leftovers were available-chicken leftovers, some sandwiches one of the campers made, gimbap, etc., but she was craving for something creamy and sweet.

She sat down by the center table and flipped out her phone to find the right food for her current mood.

"We already ate BBQ chicken last time... what should I eat?" She continued searching through all available restaurants delivering, until she found a pasta house.

Upon purchasing her order, she busied herself into scouring a snack for until her food arrives. Her voice recorder remained open in her phone, knowing there would be random inspirations flowing in her mind. To her surprise, her musical sense was actually working with her in that particular day, melodies and harmonies coming their way endlessly.

Half an hour passed by without her notice, and the doorbell rang. She shot up from her seat and jogged towards the door to get it, clutching her money in her hand and carefully pulled the door open only to see a familiar 6 feet or so tall man, standing in front of her.

"Chanyeol?"

"Hey." He smiled, adjusting the strap of his backpack on his shoulder. "You look disappointed. Why? Were you expecting someone else?"

Heejung shook her head as she chuckled, opening the door wide and stepping back to allow him to enter. "Yeah, I was expecting someone."

"Who? You got yourself a romantic interest already? That fast?" He smirked in amusement, casting his eyes down on her.

"Shut up, I'm waiting for my delivery." She lightly pushed him to the side of the door to close it.

The idol laughed as they both made their way to the living room and set his bag on the couch before plopping down on it after.

"Sorry."

"Psh, it's alright. I'm used to your teasing." Heejung waved her hand at him. "What brought you here? You here for someone too?"

"Well, yeah. I go here every year to gather connections with the other producers. Mostly learn something, and have their thoughts on my own songs."

The girl's lips formed an small O shape, her brows raising. "Ooh, you're working on something new?"

Chanyeol nodded sheepishly.

"Can I have a hear?" She eargerly asked excitedly.

"Of course." His smiled as his baritone voice resonated. He brought out his laptop from his backpack and set it up whilst Heejung patiently waited.

"How's the comeback preparations going?"

"All good. We're practicing a lot these days."

"I see."

"Here." Chanyeol handed Heejung his headphones, and when she was all set, he tapped the space bar and the intro started.