8) 21 Questions

viii : 21 Questions

"Let's play a game," Avery grinned. 

Marcus hummed at the proposition, flipping a coin in the air as the girl announced the title of her game. "21 questions!" "Isn't that a game for couples?" "And we," she waved a finger between the two, "Are a couple of people. Now, I choose heads." He flipped his coin and grinned when it landed on tails. Avery groaned. She wanted to go first!

"When was your first kiss?" "Never," Avery shrugged before moving on, "What's your favorite color?" "Black." "How edgy," she joked. He chuckled, "What's your middle name?" "Blake." "Like the singer." Avery scrunched her nose up at the thought of the country musician. 

"What's your favorite hobby?" "Drawing," Marcus answered, "What's yours?" "Drums," she grinned. He smirked at the answer and nodded almost in thought. His only thought was that it made her ten times hotter.

"Favorite food?" He simply smirked as an answer and she looked at him in disgust. "Ew!" "I never said anything," he laughed. "Fine then, what is it?" "P-" She covered her ears and shook her head. "No! No! No!" He laughed and pried her hands away from her ears, "Pork." "That's not what you were going to say," she grumbled. "Sure," he shrugged, "Favorite candy?" "Snickers."

"Night or daytime," Avery wondered. "Night." "Yet again, edgy." He kicked a rock as he walked, watching as it rolled over the ground with a curious look. "First crush," he asked. "Never had one. You?" "Gwen Jameson," he lied.

Avery nodded as though she knew who that was while Marcus glanced over at her and smiled. She was absentmindedly watching two crows argue over an old fry. 

His eyes drifted to her outfit and how she was wearing his shirt - a result of how she said it was more comfortable and said it was either she took one of his shirts or his hoodie. He decided on the shirt. However he knew it was meaningless since he would probably end up giving her his hoodie later.

"Sunsets or sunrises?" It was the first thing he could think of. "Sunsets." She caught the quarter he tossed her way and knew it was a signal that there was some rich dude nearby. The two crossed the road as Marcus nodded his head at a man in a suit. 

"Question 12," Avery started, "What's your happiest memory?" He thought it over for a second. He could have said something about how when his mom and him would make pancakes in the mornings or that one summer his parents brought him to Disneyland. Yet his answer was simple. 

"Meeting you." 

With that he walked forward and ran into their target leaving Avery wide eyed and speechless for a moment. At the sound of Marcus apologizing and gasping as coins fell out of his pockets while he tried picking up the man's items Avery rushed over to him. She said the first name that came to mind.

"Zach!"