Chapter XVI

As they got to Alejandro's base, Madison and Ghost were checked by a few medics, called by Captain Price on their way back. His wounds were not bad, not something he wasn't used with. But Madison on the other hand, she was starved, dehydrated, had multiple wounds, some deeper than the others.
She was laying in bed, having an infusion. Both Ghost and John were in the same room, making sure everything was alright and she had anything she needed.
"Ghost..?"Madison muttered, turning her head to the men.
He got up from his chair, walking to her.
"Yes? Do you need anything?"
"Shouldn't you be resting? You're hurt too.."she said quietly, gently grabbing his hand into hers.
His gesture made his knees weak and heart race. He kneeled next to her bed, holding her hand with both his hands.
"I'm fine, I don't need any rest. For now I just want to make sure you're feeling alright, okay?"
"Johnny? Are you alright?" She asked, turning her head to her brother.
"I am. Got just some scratches."
She nodded gently.
"Can you give us a moment please?"
"Sure. I'll go check on the rest, then bring you some food." John said as he stood up, walking out the room.
Ghost watched him leaving, before turning back to Madison. He sighed lightly, caressing her cheek.
"You have no idea how happy I am to see you alive…"he whispered.
"I thought I was going to die out there in the snow. It was horrible."
He lifted his mask to his nose, then grabbed her hand again, kissing it gently.
"I'll protect you, I promise. I won't let anything happen to you."
Her hand gently reached his cheek, her fingers running along his skin. It was rougher than last time she did. He didn't seem to have time to shave, starting to have a beard. She smiled lightly, nodding lightly.
"I trust you…with all my heart."
He pressed his lips together for a moment, before leading in, kissing her lips. They were dry, some portion of skin even peeling off. But he didnt care. All he wanted was to kiss her, to show her his feelings. She kissed him back, cupping his cheek with her hand. She missed this feeling. She missed the butterflies, his soft lips.
"Madison…" he whispered. "I love you."
"I love you too.."she whispered back, before kissing his lips again for a moment.
  He gently grabbed her face into his hands, caressing her skin with his thumbs. For the first time in so long he felt happy, he felt alive again. Madison gently took off his mask completely, looking at his face, before focusing on his eyes. Those emotionless eyes were gone. He looked at her with such lovely eyes, it warmed her heart. She smiled brightly, resting her forehead on his.
"What…day is today?"
"20th of December."
"Oh…this time has already passed since I joined you?"
"Almost 4 months, yeah."
"Will you…come home with me and John for Christmas?"
"Not a big fan of Christmas, but I would love to be with you for it."

Finally home. Away from all the danger, away from any missiles and betrayers. Madison grabbed Ghost's hand, leading him directly to her bedroom. It was spacious and had a big window, making the room luminous. He was really glad to see her this happy. She seemed to feel so much better. Some troubles with falling asleep after going through all that, but he couldn't blame her.
He gently wrapped her arms around her waist, letting his head on her shoulder.
"Nice room you have." He said, before kissing her cheek gently.
He wasn't wearing the mask anymore. He felt safe enough in her home for that. It was hard for him, he was used with wearing it just as much as everyone else was used with seeing him with it.
"Glad you like it. You'll stay here for a while. Prepare yourself for cuddles. Need some comfort to fall asleep."
She was joking partially, she wanted to tease him with the cuddles, but due to the traumatic events she needed to feel safe to be able to fall asleep, and she felt the safest in his arms.

The Christmas night caught them in the living room. Madison was sitting on the floor, in front of the couch, while Ghost was on the couch, right behind her. He seemed to sit uncomfortably as he was leaning forward to be able to braid her hair. He was clueless, had no idea how to do it, but she asked him to and he couldn't refuse her.
"When are we going to open the presents?"
"Patient Johnny, he hasn't finished my hair yet."
"He won't be done in the next hours! He has no idea what he's doing there!"
"Silence, I'm focusing."
"Do you know what you're doing there?"
"I'm getting the idea of it. Give me a moment."
Ghost's hands were moving slowly and gently, making sure he wasn't pulling her hair or doing anything that she wouldn't like. Eventually, he did manage to bride it, not as it was supposed to be, but it was almost there.
She smiled and stood up, walking to the Christmas tree, picking up two boxes, handing them. She handed them to them, sitting back down on the floor, smiling.
"Can I open mine after you do yours? I wanna make sure you like yours."
"Hm yeah let me just get the rest too." John said as he got up, taking the other presents, handing them over.
Ghost opened the box, taking out a black hoodie with a ribcage drawn on it. He smiled lightly, checking the mesure, then looked up at Madison.
"It's really nice, I love it."
"I bought it from Mexico, that's why it took me so long in that store."
"You kept it for so long for Christmas?"
"Yeah, of course. I saw it and I thought about it instantly."
John opened his box as well, taking out a military shark zip up hoodie. He smiled, looking up at her.
"Damn you remembered."
"I always remember."
"Well Ghost, what's my gift?"
"Treating your sister right."
"You gotta be kidding me."
"Do I look like it?" He asked as he threw a small wrapped box.
"I knew you bought me something!"
John smiled brightly, just like a child as he ripped the wrapping, looking down at the zippo lighter he was holding in his hand.
"Damn thanks, I lost my lighter a while ago."
"I know, you kept using mine for over a week now. Where is my gift, Johnny?"
"My approval for dating my sister."
"Don't fucking use my words against mine, Sargent."
"I'm joking, I'm joking."he said as he gave him a box.
Ghost opened it, taking out a watch. He looked down at it, then at him.
"Thanks mate. I like it."
"Glad ya did. Let's let Madison open hers too, I wanna see it myself."
Madison looked up at them, opening her arms for them. John threw a box at her, smiling. She opened it quickly, looking down at the gift. It was a fancy looking notebook, with clear pages, although on the first page was a drawing of her. She smiled brightly, looking up at him.
"This is wonderful..i love it."
"I know you would."
Ghost smiled, going next to Madison, sitting on the floor.
"Ready for mine?"
"Always."
He smiled and handed her a small red box. He looked towards John who quickly took out his phone, starting to record them.
She slowly opened the box, revealing a beautiful diamond ring. She stared at him, widening her eyes widely, then looked up at the man in front of her.
"Well, it might be too soon but…will you marry me, Madison?"
She pressed her lips together hardly, nodding quickly as she hugged him tightly. Tears would run down her cheeks quickly, staining her hot face. He hugged her back, caressing her head gently.
"Of course i do."