Chapter 8

After having her little chat with Damon, Sigyn felt some of the weight being lifted from her shoulders. There was still a bit of hesitance, but Sigyn felt that she should allow herself to accept the fact that she has four mates and that it was okay to move on.

There was just one other problem. The four Mikaelson brother's don't know that she is a supernatural creature, they think she's human. Now she just has to figure out a way to tell them, and hope to the Gods that they won't reject her. Because if they did, she wouldn't know what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sigyn had made a last minute decision that night, and decided to fly over to her home country to get away from Mystic Falls for a while. Being away from it all helped Sigyn clear her mind, but she did also miss being in her home town.

The Mikaelson brother's had noticed Sigyn absence, and became worried. They remembered that she was best friends with Damon, so when they showed up at the Boarding House, the Salvatore wasn't overly that surprised but had to fake being surprised so they wouldn't be suspicious.

"Where is Sigyn?" Klaus asked the raven haired vampire.

"She decided to take a trip back home for a while. She was feeling homesick" He answered, not entirely lying.

"Do you know when she will be back?" Kol asked next, hating that they had to come to Damon to ask where their mate was.

"She didn't really say. Better question is, why do you care so much where she is or when she's coming back?" Damon asked.

"That is none of your business, Salvatore" Kol spat, his eyes darkening slightly.

"It is my business, because Sigyn is my best friend and i need to make sure that you four aren't going to be using her as your personal toy or hurt her" Of course Damon knew they were her mates, but as her best friend it was his job to make sure that they will do right by her and treat her properly.

Neither of the Mikaelson's liked what Damon was insinuating, making them all flash their eyes at him and before one of them decided to kill Damon, Elijah quickly spoke up.

"I can assure you, Damon. That we would never dream of hurting her or using her. We simply wish to know when she is coming back. I give you my word" Elijah stated, not wanting to tell Damon that Sigyn is their mate. Even though Damon knew.

"You better keep your word, Elijah. Sigyn's been through enough in her life, and she doesn't need blood thirsty ancient corpses making her life even more worse" The Salvatore said more seriously this time, glaring at the four males.

Finn and Elijah understood where Damon was coming from, but Kol and Klaus wanted nothing more than to rip the younger vampires head off. They didn't like that Damon was so close to their mate, too close for their liking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month had gone by, and Sigyn was finally back in Mystic Falls. She had made sure to keep in contact with Damon, and occasionally with the Mikaelson's. What surprised her was that she actually missed them, and was excited to see the four brothers and Rebekah.

After spending some time with her pets, Sigyn made her way to the Grill where she knew Damon would be. Walking inside, the woman smiled when she saw Damon with his brother and the rest of the group.

"Well, i see you're having all the fun without me" She spoke up, gaining the groups attention. Damon didn't waste any time, and pulled the blonde into a strong hug.

"Don't ever leave again. I can only go so long without seeing my best friend" He stated, making Sigyn laugh as the two pulled away.

"I'll try not to, but if i do I'll make sure to take you with me next time. How does that sound?" Sigyn said in a way a mother would speak to a child.

"Deal" Damon grinned, but pouted slightly when Sigyn took his drink and drank it all in one go then moved over to give Stefan a hug.

"So, why did you come back?" Elena spoke up, gaining confused looks from the Salvatore brothers and Sigyn.

"Because i live here" Sigyn deadpanned.

"Plus i missed my favourite Salvatore" She grinned, looking to Damon who looked at Stefan with a smug smirk.

"Jee, thanks Sig" Stefan drawled, giving the woman a sarcastic smile.

"You're very welcome, Steffy. Now, i need a bloody drink" With that said, Sigyn walked over to the bar with Damon following close behind her. Matt walked over to the two, and smiled at the blonde.

"Siggy, good to have you back. Would you like your usual?" He asked, getting a nod in return. Damon and Sigyn sat beside each other, while waiting for their drinks.

"So, a group of vampy fan boys came for a visit not long after you left" Damon said, making Sigyn look at him in confusion.

"Vampy fan boys?"

"The Mikaelson brothers" He whispered, as to make sure that the others couldn't hear him. The look of realisation spread across Sigyn's face, and her face went slightly red as a small smile appeared on her face.

"Aww look at you, all blushie and smitten" Damon teased nudging the woman slightly, making her glare at him but the blush on her face didn't help the situation.

"Don't make me throw you out a window again" She threatened weakly, gaining an amused laugh in return.

The two best friends stayed sitting at the bar, drinking and catching up. The group had watched the two, and they couldn't believe how Damon was acting, well except Stefan. They had never seen Damon genuinely laugh or smile before, until now and it made them curious as what was so special about Sigyn Lothbrok.

Elena especially didn't like that Damon had taken his attention away from her, and that he seemed to want to be around the blonde girl more. She was not about to let some woman take Damon's attention away from her, and she need to figure out how to change that.

A/N sorry this was so short, i ran out of things to write for this chapter.