8

"I promise you that soon the autumn comes
To darken fading summer skies
Breathe, breathe, breathe"
-rises the moon-

-Monday, October 3-

The next week and a half went quite smoothly for Jisung. After several desperate attempts from Chan to convince Jisung to keep coming to the cafeteria and sit with the boys, he agreed to do so, and looking back, he does not regret doing so.

Although Jisung is still not quite the talkative person he is around Chan, it is noticeable that he becomes more extroverted in front of them, even if just a little bit. He already had some small talks with some of the guys and he can evidently say that although he first saw Felix as quite obnoxious, Jisung finds himself the most comfortable around him among the whole group (not including Chan of course).

Felix still always insists that Jisung should sit next to him in class and the cafeteria and he is constantly trying to keep him involved in conversations.

Although they are a bit too chaotic in contrast to what Jisung is used to, he believes that once he gets truly opened up and has his guards down, he could match his energy almost perfectly to the guys' if not more than theirs.

Chan, being his usual self, had already settled in; all the friend groups are already feeling comfortable around him, talking to him casually and sharing experiences with him. Jisung was scared at first that Chan will abandon him for the favor of new friends but he is proven wrong whenever Chan asks him questions to make him involved and mentions little facts about him every once in a while.

One time Chan had a conversation with Changbin and Seungmin about talent shows and idol agencies, and he mentioned that Jisung can sing very well. Jisung was at first held back and embarrassed, it's not that he didn't want them to know about his talent, but it's just he preferred keeping it to himself to prevent future humiliation. However, Seungmin and Changbin were both very excited, since Changbin produces music and Seungmin sings in the school choir. The four of them had a long conversation about music, all sharing experiences and memories; and Jisung can confirm it was the happiest he has been in a long while.

Weirdly enough, the person that Jisung talks to the least is Minho, they just hadn't have the opportunity yet. Sometimes they caught each other's gaze, Jisung earning a warm smile from Minho, and the latter earning a shy blush from Jisung, but other than that, they don't have much contact. And Jisung is upset about it, but he won't admit it.

----------

Although it's already the beginning of October, and fall is already near its peak, the sudden heat wave that has surprised everyone has settled in and it looks like it won't go away for at least another two days.

Jisung has been waiting for the summer to go away, he was so excited when fall peaked and the weather was getting chilly enough for a hoodie; but currently, it is 29℃ in the shadow and from seeing people walking around with scarves, Jisung sees more people in tank tops.

"Do you guys want to go grab some ice cream after school?" Jeongin asks, sitting on the bench. The school's air conditioner stopped working suddenly, and all of the students took their lunch and went to sit outside in the yard that has switched colors to shades of brown and orange.

"Sure," Hyunjin said "but you're paying for me"

"Bruh-" Jeongin suddenly gets defensive, raising his voice.