I 7 D 3 A 1

Instinctively, it was understood that even light can be startled under extreme pressures. Was this the desperate flailing of a mind that was becoming aware of the blurriness of reality, tired of pressing its eyelids? A dream trying to sit up on its stretcher, unaware of where it was. A completely different life, a different self from head to toe. Even though everything had not disappeared, Nature's law had caressed him with entropy, allowing the temporal expressions of his memories to be released. Whispers from the people who had surrounded him, the sirens, the high-pitched announcements for him to quickly dress and prepare himself...

In the year 2245, in the space-time cylinder, the planting of new trees was underway, and farmers were rushing to prepare and reprogram the rotation maneuvers of the cylinders according to the position of the Sun. The easily overlooked farmer engineers of this new experiment were forced to risk their lives to plant trees that could transfer the minds of the oligarchs. Because they were the ones who deserved to be immortal. Most of them had never even tasted death. What did it mean to die? Was it natural for it to be difficult to see beyond the event horizon after tasting death? They needed to know the mystery of the scientific advances that allowed them to do all this. Instead of illuminating that mystery, they began to destroy the trees that were the doors to the mind in the 2000s. The world was nothing more than a space station, too feeble and inadequate to even accommodate its astronauts. When they understood the truth, they began to build these cylinders. The most famous neuroscientists of the 22nd century had succeeded in expressing the connections found in their mind models with a holistic structure, and had succeeded in extending the boundary conditions to infinity. What they found hidden in the weave was LOGOS.

"The planet Earth has bestowed upon minds capable of comprehending it the great law that governs the universe. Each consciousness living on the planet has been assigned 731 trees, which are spread throughout the corners of the planet. These trees are designed as gates for a mind to pass through to different manifolds in different universes. When time is halted within any manifold of a consciousness, a copy of that consciousness is transferred to one of the trees. Each fruit branching from that tree contains the universal remains of that consciousness, and the pollen carried by it is sent to the remaining trees with information. These remains all form a neural network that preserves LOGOS within it."

Amalthy could hear the shouts of one of the farmers being interrogated as they were taken to seed the trees, "I have failed! They are even more narrow-minded than you thought!" The shouts were coming from the only person in the cylinder that Amalthy could understand, perhaps the only friend he valued in this pile of steel. He knew the reason for their bullying well. That was why he had to continue to hide the truth from the oligarchs and not reveal himself. Even if he had to sacrifice the only consciousness that reminded him of being human in the void, he could not do it.

In destroying the trees mindlessly, humanity not only satisfied the hunger that existed in its nature, but also contributed to the gradual fading of the Earth's armor by fragmenting this neural network. Even a law was enacted in accordance with the 22nd century report of the Global Governments Union, requiring the information of an individual's tree of consciousness to be inscribed on their identity cards. For these oligarchs, who had become oblivious to even the concept of death beyond the disappearance of death fears, the end seemed to be in sight. This cylinder mechanism cannot work forever, and the continuation of the species cannot be ensured. Was the cornerstone of the scientific revolution that changed the history of the Earth, LOGOS, flawed? As the neural network weakened, the cracks forming in the holistic structure could also bring about a global social collapse.

As he joined the seeds with the earth with the gravitational latch, Amalthy saw that one of the panels that reflected the sun's rays and provided a night environment was malfunctioning. "Again! I'm tired of warning the orbiters, if it weren't for the oligarch sycophants assigned to the torpedoes, we would have thousands of trees by now," he complained to herself.