Chapter Thirty-Two: Let's Make a Pact

"Come on. Don't be mad, Lollie," Jordan called after the girl as the two walked out of the apartment.

"I'm not mad," Ayla lied, beginning her way down the stairs, swinging her backpack over her shoulder.

"Well, you ignoring me all morning and stomping down the stairs, say otherwise."

The two had been going back and forth for hours. The night before, when Ayla had felt like something could possibly be happening with her brother, something was in fact happening with her brother. During a call, he had been attacked by the same werewolf with talons that Scott had. He was hurt badly and had the sheriff not found Jordan in the basement of the house he was searching, the oldest Parrish would probably have died.

Turning to look up at her brother, Ayla crossed her arms over her chest. "You should have called me."

Jordan raised his brow in confusion. "I should have called you...while a werewolf with talons was attacking me?"

Rolling her eyes, Ayla shook her head. "No, before. Before you went into that house and got attacked." The girl knew she was being unreasonable.

"Ayla, did you forget I'm a cop?" He asked, taking a few steps down the stairs. "It's my job to go into dangerous situations. Plus I healed, not even a scratch was left. You can't always be worried about me."

"Yes, I can!" Ayla lowered her voice, realizing they were in the hall of their apartment building and anyone could be listening. "Especially when I can't tell if you're in danger or not anymore and we have no idea what your healing powers can even do. What if you died."

Jordan's eyes softened as he gave his sister a sympathetic look, taking another step down. "You don't think I'm always worried about you now? Ever since I found out about...all this...you being a guardian angel and after your attack...I am terrified of what could happen to you and I am terrified that you might not come home one day and I won't know why."

He had a point, but Ayla was used to herself being in danger, she wasn't used to her brother being in it all. Not the supernatural part of it at least. "I'm sorry, I just...I've had a hard time telling if you're in danger or not lately and I don't know why. Not knowing is what freaks me out."

Showing his understanding, Jordan nodded. "Yeah." He let out a huff. "How about this..." Jordan thought for a moment. "We make a pact, we both agree to worry about each other, and look after each other but we don't let it get in the way of what we do. I'll let you do your thing and you let me do mine but we both agree to do everything in our power to not die and if we need help, we'll call the other, no questions asked."

Ayla wanted to say no, to tell him that it was stupid. But he was her older brother, he had been to war, was almost blown up and made it out. She should know to trust him better.

"Fine," she sighed.

Jordan walked down the steps until he was right next to his sister, putting out his hand for her to shake and she did before they went their separate ways to school and work.

-

"So you ran a background check, and all you found was a speeding ticket?" Ayla asked as she and Stiles made their way across the parking lot of the school. Earlier that morning Stiles had gone to the sheriff's station to talk to his dad about Theo and forced him to do a background check.

Stiles nodded, "Speeding ticket signed by Theo's dad eight years ago."

Ayla crossed her arms over her chest. "Which means what exactly?"

Stopping, Stiles turned to her, trying to get his point across he asked, "Who speeds?"

"Almost everyone-"