Chapter Twenty Eight

War Is Over
Chapter Twenty Eight
Mr. Adorable
|3rd person POV|

Previously on War Is OverAlthough Derek had turned back older by fighting that's what was natural to him

Although Derek had turned back older by fighting that's what was natural to him.

For Adeline it was simply talking to her family.

"That table's Italian." Peter Hale says annoyed by the fact Braden had her feet on the table.

"So are her boots." Adeline Hale says smiling at the emisary.

Braden smiles at her before turning to Peter and taking her feet off the table, "Are we going to talk interior design and fashion, or are we going to talk numbers?" she questions sliding over a folded piece of paper.

Peter picks it up and opens it. Directly after opening the paper he scoffs, "We're hiring you to find Kate, not assassinate the president."

"I was hired by the Calaveras to find Kate. You're hiring me to find her first." Braden clarifies. "Going against the Calaveras is what's going to cost you."

"We'll pay." Derek says impatiently. "Just find Kate. That's all we want."

Adeline walks Braden to the door and sends her on her way before walking back to her father and cousin.

Peter looks at Derek the second Braden is out of the door. "Are you insane?"

Derek sighs, "We don't have a choice. We spent a week looking for her, Adi did a locator spell, and we came up with nothing.

"If we don't find out who told Kate about the vault, we don't get those bonds back." He shouts. "What do you think I'm gonna do then, huh? Get a job?" Adeline's father asks bewildered. "My resume is slightly out of date!"

Adi chuckles making the men glare at her, prompting her shut her mouth.

Derek then turns his back on the duo before peter continues.

"We got robbed, Derek. Robbed!" Peter shouts.

Derek growls tuning around to face the pair making them notice his glowing eyes.

They were yellow... not blue like they were supposed to be.

Adis eyes widen wondering why Derek eye color had changed, before coming to the conclusion that it was what Kate had done to them.

Nothing happened to her after what Kate did to them which made her wonder.

Peter anxiously glances at his daughter before looking back to Derek. "Oh... that's a new look for you."