"Bonjour, Sir Henri." I greeted upon seeing him by the lobby. I met him yesterday when Charles and I arrived back from the airport and he was more than willing to assist us.

"Ah, Mademoiselle Kaplan. How was your day?" He gave me a warm smile, standing up from his seat behind the counter.

"Work ended early, so I guess it's going good." I replied and I saw his eyes moved down to the two cups of coffee I was holding.

"That is for Monsieur Leclerc, yes?" He asked and I nodded my head, curious as to why Sir Henri suddenly sighed out in relief. "Mon dieu! Your timing is impeccable, Mademoiselle. Monsieur did not look well earlier."

I smiled reassuringly, playing the role of the informed girlfriend as Sir Henri rounded the counter and even pressed the doors to the elevator for me. "I'm sure he's just stressed, Sir Henri." I said but I was curious as well as to why he was in a mood.

"Mademoiselle, please call me Henri."

"Only if you call me Nadia." I said and he hesitated. "Enjoy the rest of your day, Sir Henri." I smirked and pressed the button leading to Charles' floor. I watched as Sir Henri shook his head at me, amused, as the doors closed.

The ride was only fast since our building didn't have that much floors to begin with. His apartment was the last one from the right, one of the bigger units in the apartment since when I dropped by a few days ago to grab some documents I misplaced in his luggage. I raised my knuckles to knock on the door, waiting a few seconds before I heard some rustling from the other side. My eyebrows scrunched together when I heard something fall and Charles' voice let out a string of curse words.

He opened the door, hair disheveled and a deep frown on his face. "What?" He asked as soon as his eyes met mine.

I gave him a look and walked forward, not bothering to wait for him to invite me in as I headed straight for his dining room. "My, oh, my. Your PR officer should teach you some manners." I sarcastically said, taking out the coffee I brought as well as the cake. I pulled out a chair and opened one of the boxes that held the cakes, ignoring his figure that was standing in the middle of his apartment unit, hands placed over his hips. "I got you some food, by the way." I said, avoiding his eye as I ate a slice.

"Is this a prank?" He asked, walking closer. I fought the urge to roll my eyes as he pulled out the chair beside mine and eyed the food and coffee. "I never expected you to be the type but with it being April Fool's Day, I wouldn't underestimate you." He nudged the slice of cake and even sniffed it, eyes cautious.

"You're such a child." I said, taking a slice from his cake to show him that it was perfectly safe to eat it.

Charles waited for a few seconds before grabbing a slice and I smirked at him. "You owe me a bite." He grumbled, taking a sip from the coffee and I saw his shoulders visibly relax.

"I bought you coffee. I don't owe you anything." I said. I put down my fork to remove the blazer I was still wearing, tying my hair up into a messy bun. I could feel Charles' eyes on me and I looked up, expecting to see that glazed look in his eyes that would usually lead to an escape for both of us, but I found something else instead.

I could see him analyzing me, eyes moving around my face before following the movement of my hands. I wasn't the type to back down, so when his green eyes met mine, I leaned back against the chair and crossed my arms over my chest. "You want to play this game again?" He smirked, setting down the fork and placing his elbows over the table.

"What game?" I feigned naivety, inclining my head to the side. Charles didn't break eye contact as he stood up, placing both of his hands on the back of my chair. I was officially caged in as I looked up at him, the silver necklace around his neck bumping against the tip of my nose, making me break eye contact.