"She comes once in a while not always but she is a handful. Always bossing people around cause her boyfriend is the CEO."

I roll my eyes.

"But hey, no big deal in telling you. What's your business with her anyway?"

"You should see the way she was being all smoochy and clingy towards the boss. Argh so annoying!" I said angrily as i recalled earlier.

"Halima"

"Yeah?"

"You are crushing on your boss"

"What? No"

"Then why are you being so jealous about her being so clingy towards her boyfriend huh?" Sis asked.

"I wasn't....do I sound jealous?"

Sis heaved a sigh. "listen cousin, you don't crush on your boss. It's suicide."

I furrowed my brows.

"Just kill whatever crush you have for him and focus on work. Trust me, crushing on your boss will lead you to a place you don't want to be"

"What place is that if I may ask"

"Halima!"

"Sorry"

"Just stop crushing on your boss and focus okay?"

"Yes mum" I said rolling my eyes.

"Aunt called. She plans on going over to your work place soon for some business" sis said making me sit up.

"No no sis. Please you have to convince her not to. Tell her my boss won't allow such"

"Well I'll try. But you know your mum is a hard nut to crack"

I nod. "Ugh why can't she just remain with her pigs. Why come here for more business?"

Sis chuckled. "Aunt is very industrious woman. What do you expect?"

Yeah right.

"I gotta go. The boss will soon be here. I need to be ready for the day" sis said.

"Sure. And he is coming with her to work" I said.

"Ugh. Tell me something I don't know" sis said sighing. "Talk to you later cousin. Take care"

"Yeah you too" I said.

"Remember, stop..."

"Stop crushing and focus on work. Got it" I cut her off smiling.

"Good. Later bye" she hung up.

Sighing, I toss the phone aside.

Oh well she is right. I should focus on work.

Nothing can ever happen between him and I.

I am not his class, neither am I his type.

Plus he has a drop dead gorgeous girlfriend.

So beautiful. She is my height, a bit skinny, endowed up and down and classy. She is blond and have blue eyes. She is his actual type.

Damn I didn't even think about this on till now. And I was busy being upset and in Sis words, Jealous.

Your senses are beginning to come back Hali. Proud of you.

Shut up.

Ha!

I lay back on my bed and close my eyes.

Maybe I could sleep this annoying awkwardness off.

*********

It's almost evening and the kids are back from school already. They have all taken their bath and eaten. I just finished helping them with their assignments and now they are in their living room doing what they do best.