3

Mistaken Identity

Damian hadn't felt like imploding in months. Therapy and those insufferable group therapy sessions, he finally felt clearer and could see the world through different eyes. Yes, he still had nightmares, but things had begun to change.

He had been discharged from Port Haven almost a year ago, he had decided to work and live at a nearby motel. The only place that would accept him, at least accept him for the non-manufactured version. The version that all his classmates at the local university saw. But now he had moved in with profiler Will Graham, per the profiler's request.

He liked his job at the motel. He got to meet so many new people and work in interacting with others again, not without his struggles of course. Many at his local university were interested to hear about his life. He never told them about Abigail, her death, about how he had been a patient of Dr. Hannibal Lecter, how Will Graham had practically raised him after that day. Thinking about it brought too many feelings to the surface that threatened to drown him, to drag him down until he was nothing.

He always fabricated lies that he would take to his grave...or at least he tried to. But it was becoming harder so much harder. He was drowning again, and no one was there to save him...not anymore.

Damian walked to his car after a long day of lectures and just wanted to go home and sleep. He was silent and looking forward, but not actually seeing where he was going. That's when he felt an impact and stumbled back.

"I'm so-" Damian looked at the person in front of him

Long brown hair mixed with large and bright blue eyes. The thin figure wore a long puffer coat and a thin scarf wrapped around her neck. Damian's mouth felt dry as he stared wide-eyed at the familiar figure.

"A-Abigail?" Damian breathed, "You're...you're alive."

Damian paused feeling a rush of anger take over, "You've been alive this whole time? You've been alive this whole time, and you didn't bother to contact me or even Will! Not even a simple 'How are you?'"

He stepped forward clutching the strap of his backpack tight enough that his knuckles turned white. His vision was blurring, his chest tightened, and everything was spinning.

Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you say anything? Did I really mean that little to you?

"Who...who's Abigail?"

The question snapped Damian out of his thoughts. Blinking, Damian saw that it wasn't her. The eye color was darker, the hair was lighter, and nothing was right. His breathing became faster as he stepped back and practically ran off.

I need to get out of here. I...I...I just want to see her again