Twelve: Prayer For the Dying.

Later, Caroline and Liz were both asleep in the same room, but Caroline slept in a chair...

Caroline's eyes shot open, hearing some sort of thudding coming from downstairs.

She looked behind her, seeing her mom still asleep in bed. She stopped at her mom's bed, staring at her softly when she heard glass breaking.

She walked downstairs quietly, reaching the bottom, only to hear more creaking and banging.

She walked further into the house walking towards the door staring out the glass window.

She gasped loudly, seeing Colin putting his hand against the glass.

She opened the door quickly and Colin walked in.

"Caroline."

"Colin?" She asked, frowning softly.

"What the hell did you do to me?"

"What?" She asked, looking at him confused.

He fell to the floor, unconscious.

A few minutes later, Caroline had Colin lay on the couch when Ellie and Stefan walked in...

"Hey." Ellie says, looking at Caroline tiredly.

"My mom's still asleep, don't wake her up."

"What happened?" Ellie asked, walking over to the man.

"I don't know. He was fine... when Damon and I left him at Duke. He was running around and pain-free... and scarfing down disgusting vending machine food."

"Is this... is this the guy you fed your blood too? The guy that had cancer?" Asked Ellie.

"He was fine, Ellie."

"Yeah, well, clearly he's not fine now. Wait, I thought you told Damon you compelled him to forget everything after you fed him blood. How did he find you?"

 How did he find you?"

"I don't know."

Ellie kneeled down, looking at the blood on his jacket, looking up at Stefan.

"What if this blood isn't even this?" Asked Ellie.

"No, no. This isn't your fault. I know that look." Stefan said, pointing at Ellie, shaking his head.

"I should've been there." Ellie tells them.

"You were kidnapped by a sociopath... you couldn't have done anything."

"Wait. Wait, is there any chance your mom signed the house over to you?" Stefan asked, looking at Caroline.

"I don't know, maybe. She's been running around like crazy... saying she needs to get her ducks in a row."

"One way to test it." Ellie says, walking over to the curtains.