"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Excuse me! Where do you think you're going," she asked, setting her cookie on the desk.

"Oh, um, I was just going to visit my grandma again," Nancy started by saying she then looked at the rest of the group and said, "A-and this this is my family" Nancy smiled awkwardly.

"Extended," Lucas added with a smile.

She didn't believe them, "I don't care who they are. You know the rules. Two visitors at a time."

"Yeah, but-" She raised two fingers, "Two!" She glared at the rest of the group. "Girl, this child has lost her mind. She brought a whole zoo in here," she said to the person she was talking to on the phone.

The kids stayed while Nancy and Jonathan went into the elevator.

◦ ◦ ◦

Julia said goodbye to Rose as she handed her the cookies, giving her the last box. As she was walking down the hall, she saw someone walking across the hall. It passed fast.

She was sure it was Kim. The silhouette looked like her friend, but it couldn't be her.

Why was she in the hospital?

Julia got worried and wondered why her friend didn't call her or why Kim's parents didn't tell her.

"Kim," she called out quietly, walking down the quiet hall.

She turned to her left, the lights were dimmed, and the atmosphere felt thicker.

She thought her pregnant brain was doing tricks on her; she must have imagine seeing Kim. It could probably be because she didn't sleep well, worried about Steve, and waking up to pee.

She was going to turn back around when a body bumped into her. The lights began to flicker.

She took two steps back and held her stomach. Julia had a small smile seeing she bumped into her friend.

Julia let out a sigh. "Kim, I thought I was going crazy." She brought her hand to the side of her head.

"Have you been here all day? I called you, and your parents told me you weren't home. They didn't mention you were in the hospital."

Kim did not respond; she only gazed at the girl, her head moving to the side. Kim's eyes were dull and not fully bright as they once were.

Julia wrinkled her eyebrows, confused by Kim's behavior. It's unusual for her friend to be this quiet.

Being a few steps away from Kim, Julia noticed how Kim's blue dress was dirty and had blood splatter on the lower part.

"What happened," she asked, moving closer to Kim. She placed her hands on either side of Kim's face to look at her.

"You feel warm." She squinted one eye, taking a closer look at Kim's face "what's that on your face" she moved Kim's face gently to the side on her neck black veins were spreading.

"I'm taking you to see a doctor." She grabbed her hand "what happened, did someone hurt you," she whispered.

Since Kim didn't respond, Julia insisted, "Kim, you know you can tell me anything, right."

She caressed her hand in hers. "I love you, and I'm here for whatever you need."

"Sweet Julia, you will be a great addition," Kim said, opening her mouth, but her voice sounded off. Her voice sounded sinister. The way she said her name was strange.

"I don't understand an addition to what."

Not letting go of her hand Kim pulled her "you will see," she responded.

As Kim was taking the opposite way, Julia saw the bodies of patients, nurses, and doctors on the floor.

She was too occupied focusing on following after Kim. She didn't see the dead bodies.

"Kim, we have to help these people." Julia tried to slip her hand away, but Kim held her tighter. "Kim let go of me," she said, sounding more serious.

"I can't do that, Julia. There's a place I want to show you."

Julia struggled, trying to remove her hand from Kim's grip.

Her friend was stronger than before, "Kim, I'm not joking, let go of me," Julia said a little louder.

Kim was starting to scare her; she wasn't acting like herself. She was worried for her friend.

The black veins that were on Kim's necks moved to the side of her cheek."Kim, that's not normal; you're sick. Let me get help."

"You can't help me Julia, not with that anyway, but you can help me with something else," she said, smiling at her.

The way that she smiled reminded her of the guy she saw earlier.

"Not until you tell me what the hell is going on," Julia said, pulling her hand away from Kim. She was free of her grasp, but Kim wasn't going to give up.

"You can't run away, Julia."

Julia moved back, "Kim, please stay away from me," she said, extending her hand keeping a distance from Kim.

"I don't want to hurt you," Julia said, looking around for something she could use to defend herself.