In the end, Leah won, which didn't surprise me nor Liv, as the two of us had spent more time winding Leah up than concentrating on our own turns. We collected a pizza on the way home. Liv was absolutely exhausted and went to bed not long after, leaving Leah and I to enjoy one another's company for a while. We put a film on in the background, missing most of it as we spoke of our plans for the next two days, the day we had just spent with Liv, and my worries about attending Sunday's game.

"Why do you seem so worried about coming on Sunday, Soph?" Leah affectionately stroked my hair as she spoke.
"I'm pretty sure I'm not your team's most loved person right now."
"Huh, why?"
"Just because you have forgiven me for walking out on you doesn't mean everyone has, Le."
"They know why you left. They know the way I was."
"I know. Doesn't change that they're your people, and they might hold a resentment towards me for it."
"And maybe your friends, your parents, Rhys—all of those people will hold some resentment towards me. Doesn't change the fact that I'm going to love you regardless." She smiled.
"I'm going to love you regardless too. I just worry; I don't want to cause an atmosphere."
"You're not going to. They love you, and they know how much I love you. It'll be okay, and if you feel uncomfortable, you don't have to come."
"That is not an option; are you forgetting what Liv is like?" I chuckled.
"Well, that's true." She chuckled back.

We lay in comfortable silence for a while longer, Leah running her fingers along my arm gently, sending ripples of love through my heart. As the film came to an end, Leah and I began to get sorted for bed; she turned off the TV while I checked the front door was locked, both meeting at the bottom of the stairs. I began to walk towards the top, being stopped by Leah's hands on my waist on the third step. I turned to face her, barely getting a chance to look at her before her lips were on mine and she had quietly pushed me against the wall behind me. The kiss was slow, passionate, and loving. It wasn't a kiss that she was trying to start something more with; it was a kiss that showed that she just couldn't wait a second longer to let me know how happy she was with me. My arms draped around her neck before she pulled away slowly and rested her forehead against mine.

"I'm so happy with how things are going. I want you to know that." She whispered.
"I love you. I love everything about you, Le. This is everything I ever wanted."
"I love you. Tell me something, though." She smirked.
"What is it?"
"How quiet can you be?"
"Very."
"Good, now c'mon."

— — — —

Walking through the entrance to the stadium to watch Arsenal play at home was like no other atmosphere: the buzz of those who had gathered to watch their favourite players, the smiling faces of the family members all hoping to capture a glimpse of the daughter, sister, grandchild, niece, or whatever relative they were here to watch. Liv clutched tightly onto her chips, a bottle of Fanta in hand, as we made our way towards our seats. I gave a slight smile to Amanda, who had been briefed to not draw attention to my arrival, knowing the fans would go crazy if they saw Leah's ex here. Liv waited patiently for Leah to come onto the pitch; neither of us had told her that due to injuries, Leah would be leading her team out today. Liv sat in her seat, swinging her legs as she smiled into the distance, carefully lifting each chip to her mouth. God, I love her so much.

"Here we go!" She shouted as it became apparent that the players were about to walk out of the tunnel.
"C'mon, Le." I whispered.
"LET'S GO LEAH!"

Liv let out a giggle when she realised how loud she had been, getting a lot of loving looks from the people around her in the stands. Her face dropped as she saw Leah walk out first, jumping up and down on the spot and tugging at my coat.

"Is she captain? Is Leah the captain? Look, Auntie Sophie! Leah is the captain!"
"Surprise!" I chuckled, gently tickling her sides.
"You two big liars!" She chuckled back.