VI. Blaring Screams

I can't feel anything under the sickening pressure of these toxic reins... I can hear my heartbeat faintly, my ears are contaminated with the bitter goop. What is that ear wrenching clatter... I pushed my arms to the sides of the harsh confinement of this incubation tube, as the liquid drained into the gaping hole beneath my feet. I...

She gasped for air, wheezing as the sticky liquid coated her throat began to dissolve. She collapsed onto the harshly cold flooring, becoming adjusted to her surroundings at last. Her eyes widened, as she panicked, and kicked open the door that fell off of the hinges with a clattering force. She quickly gripped a cloak that laid draped across a table outside of the corridor. Slipping it over herself, she fastened the small metal latch that laid above her stomach. A siren alarmed from inside of the corridor, it's source was her door.

Door #00011 has been breached, Door #00011 has been breached.

It screeched dimly under the force of the clatter which it had been knocked down with. The hinges and screws laid strewn across the room, and the sickening bubble of liquids could faintly be heard under her shallow breathing. She sprinted forward, crashing through the heavily secured door. It flew from its several programmed wires, clattering into several thickets and smaller trees. She cowered at the sound of agonizing pain, and she dashed back into the building covering her eyes in fear. But as she escaped from the wails and painful cries. A familiar cry echoed through the premisis, his voice was as if the blindfold of grief had been removed. Ghost tears welled in her eyes, and she gripped the cloak. But as relief spread over, it was immediately replaced with horror.

' HA HA HA HA HA! '

' This is amazing! Who set up this strange thing up for me? '

' Now everyone on the premisis can hear me! '

...

' I just thought of something great... '

' I've made holes in various places... '

' So let's get your friends... To hear your vibrations... '

She was about to wail into the transceiver, but her voice was drowned out by distorted cries and disturbed cackling.

Her eyes widened in dismay, as the transceiver fell from her palm, clattering onto the floor. She began to tremble, and forced herself to scream in horrid pain. She scrambled through many corridors, past several Aogiri corpses. And there she found it.

A shattered mirror, laid carelessly against a corner. She carefully stepped towards it, avoiding any glass that could embed into her bare feet. As she reached for it, she was hesitant, afraid of the truth to be exact. But she gripped it forcefully, glass digging into her hands as she whirled it towards her face. She met her own cold gaze, barely recognizing herself at all. Her hair, which had grown a ghastly white appearance. Mangled and sloppy. Her eyes, formerly shining and bright. Dull as a murky pool after opening. But her face, a ray of relief and wonder. Was nothing but a hollow container, with no way to go.