13 ~ Impulse

Nini returns to Salt Lake for senior year and is quite surprised by all the changes... some more than others.

Started: August 9, 2023
Finished: August 26, 2023

🍪🍪🍪

Nini grins brightly as the Salt Lake City airport comes into view. She has just completed her very first EP with Jaime, and her moms surprised her with plane tickets to SLC earlier than expected.

Once they have all their bags, Nini steps outside the busy building and takes a deep breath of the Salt Lake summer air. She couldn't believe that she was back; LA was a nice escape from all the chaos the spring semester brought, but she's so thrilled to see everyone again, especially since she has kept her arrival a secret.

They call an Uber and are at the house in the blink of an eye. When all of their luggage is in the house, Nini goes to her room to call Kourtney. It doesn't take her long to answer. "Neeners! What's going on?"

Nini can barely contain her excitement and ends up blurting out, "I'm in Salt Lake!!"

Kourtney's eyes pop out of her head. "Wh- What!?! Where? Since when? Why? When were you gonna say something!?"

"I'm in Salt Lake; at the house; landed less than an hour ago; just 'cause we wanted to come early; I just did!"

"Holy shit, we need to get everyone together."

"Yes, oh my god. You're the first person I told by the way."

"Ooh, bragging rights for days then."

"Ok, catch me up on everything real quick after Shallow Lake."

"Um, ok, uh..." Kourtney is beginning to blank now that she is on the spot.

"It wasn't that long ago!" Nini says.

"Hush, I'm thinking." After a moment, Kourtney begins speaking: "Ok, there was this cameraman that was annoying as hell. He wasn't taken off the project at the end despite all of our protests and begging, so he was part of the editing team for our Frozen trailer. He clipped different conversations and shots together to make it out that we hated each other and were terrible people, which none of us agreed with. Um... the whole Disney+ debut ended up getting canceled because of how terrible he was to us, and we claimed it was not a safe work environment since he was wanting us to do stuff that we didn't agree with. I think they're kicking off the platform with some other documentary or show; anyway, not the point. Ahh! Oh god, I'm blanking more now."

Nini just laughs at how panicky this explanation is. "No, you're doing great. Keep going."

"Um... I think that's all the general stuff though. I mean, there's obviously more for you to know, but they're kinda... personal stories that probably don't need to be told by me."

"Well, sounds eventful. I can't wait to see everyone again."

"Oh, as far as noise level goes, you know Ash or Carlos are going to flip the most when they see you."

"Yeah, totally."

Kourtney begins mentally checking off boxes to make sure Nini is fully caught up. Another bullet point crosses her mind, and she audibly gasps.

"What?" Nini questions.

"Ok... so there might be one more thing. Well, technically two."

Kourtney doesn't say anything else. "And that would beee?" Nini drags out. She makes a hand gesture telling Kourtney to just spit it out.