"Thank y'all " I responded as she took off. I looked out the window as we drove out of my neighborhood.

"Do y'all think I'm playing to hard to get?" Dee spoke. I shifted my gaze to the front seats.

"Who for Xavien?" She nodded.

"I really do like him but at the same time I'm not trying to get hurt"

"Well you know I've known X since we was in diapers, he's a good man. If you want to pursue that option I think you should act on it" Mani said.

"I do want to pursue him but I don't know, I have some drawbacks"

"If you like him, at least give it a chance" I spoke up causing her eyes to look back at me. She shot a smile my way. The rest of the ride they were deep into another conversation as I kept my eyes glued at the window watching all the trees pass by. One of my favorite things about leaving my house is being able to enjoy a simple car ride. It was relaxing to me and gave me a bit of serotonin.

We got closer to the strip of stores and restaurants as she pulled up along the curb to park. As usual there were people hanging outside chilling amongst themselves or hollering at women walking by. We walked into Anna May's and the interior was far from what I expected. There was clutter in almost all of the corners. The place was slam packed leaving a small opening to squeeze through tables. I followed closely behind them to the table.

"They got the best ribs" Dee said licking her lips. I grabbed the tri-fold menu and began looking over the options. I haven't heard of anything on the menu. I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to figure out what to eat.

"Oh I invited X to eat with us" Dee spoke. I looked up.

"Oh really? Someone must of took our words" Mani said with a smirk. Dee rolled her eyes.

"Girl please" the bell by the door went off. I looked over to see them looking around. My eyes locked with Shai. He gave me a nod as they started walking over here. I noticed Keon wasn't with them.

"Where kee?"

"He had some shit to handle" we nodded as they scooted inside our booth.

"I'm Kiwi y'all server today, any drinks to start off?" She put some plastic silverware on the table before putting her hands on her hips.

"Water please" I spoke. She nodded as she looked to the next.

"Sweat tea for me" Shai spoke. I continued to look at the menu.

"What do you usually get?" I asked Shai. He looked up from his phone.

"Jerk Chicken with the Jamaican red beans & rice and Mac n cheese" I stared at him clueless.

"Jade are you serious? Tell me you at least had Macaroni?" Armani asked. I shook my head.

"I don't think I had any of this"

"Damn that's a pitiful life to have" Armani hit Tevin shoulder.

"Don't be hitting me women"

"What y'all eat? Leaves?" Shai asked causing them to start laughing. I frowned.

"Leave my friend alone, we gonna get you right" she said. I nodded as I closed the menu. I never been out to eat, so this was a new experience for me.

"How's Naomi? I haven't seen her in awhile?" Dee asked.

"That hustler doing just fine with my money" Tevin said. Shai let out a chuckle.

"I told you to stop making bets with her, but she been good" I assume Naomi is the girl I saw in the pictures at his home. I could tell they had a strong connection by the way he talks so greatly of her. Even his friends have a different glow when they talk about Naomi. I wished my parents would be a little less overbearing and let me live.