Chapter 20: A Proposal

It had been just over five and a half months since (Y/N) and Ryan had started training at Sanctum Sanctorum and (Y/N) was waiting for Tony to arrive so they could have a chilled date night watching films with a pizza in her room. She loved it when she was alone with him, she felt so complete, and she found she couldn't stop looking at him or touching him.

She was lying on her bed reading a book in her comfy clothes when he entered. "Ok little rose time to go." He called and she noticed he was wearing his Iron Man suit with just the visor up so she could see his face.

"Go? What do you mean go? I thought we were staying in tonight?" (Y/N) asked confused.

"I have a special surprise planned." Tony told her with a wink.

(Y/N) was filled with a mixture of intrigue and annoyance that he was making her leave her comfy bed and her comfy clothes. "I thought we wanted a night in so we didn't have to see anyone else, and we could pretend it was just the two of us in the whole world?" (Y/N) whined.

Tony laughed "Don't be a grump now, don't worry that is still the plan."

"But surely if we go out then we are going to be surrounded by people? It's Manhattan!" she laughed.

"We aren't going through the streets." Tony said. (Y/N)'s brow furrowed in confusion but before she could respond any further, he opened the large window and chucked her a coat, hat, gloves and scarf to prepare her to go out into the snowy February night.

"Hang on! I can't go out in this; I need to change!" (Y/N) protested.

"No, you don't, like I said we won't be seeing anyone." Tony insisted as (Y/N) reluctantly put on her coat, hat, scarf and gloves Tony came over and scooped her in his arms. "Tony!" (Y/N) protested "I can fly myself you know!"

"I know but just please let me carry you, I'm trying to be romantic." He pleaded.

(Y/N) softened, smiling at him. "Ok go ahead."

He kissed her on the lips "Who wouldn't want to go for a ride on the Iron Man suit right?" he winked at her. She rolled her eyes and with that he put his visor down and jumped.

                                                                                               ***

As they flew across the city all she could think was how beautiful it looked the lights shined so bright and snow covered the buildings lightly. She could hear the distant honks of cars and bustle of people, but they felt so far away that they could have almost been part of another world. She looked up at the love of her life the mixture of the lights and night sky illuminated behind him and all she could think of was how lucky she was that she had him.

"Here we are." Tony announced. (Y/N) looked and saw they were flying towards the top of the Empire State building. They landed on the observation deck of the 86th floor and to (Y/N)'s surprise there wasn't one person there despite the fact that this attraction would normally be filled with people.

"Where is everyone?" (Y/N) asked.

"I'll explain in a minute. But first let's get out the cold." Tony replied as it began to snow again. "Jarvis open the doors will you." Tony instructed.

"Clearance granted sir." Jarvis responded. (Y/N) followed Tony as they went into the lift which took them to the 102nd floor. (Y/N) stepped out admiring the enclosed observation deck with floor to ceiling windows that gave you a perfect 360-degree view of the city sheltered from the elements. "Tony how on earth did you manage this?" (Y/N) asked gobsmacked as Tony removed his suit.

He winked at her "It's me, I can get whatever I want." Tony replied cockily, (Y/N) swatted him and gave him a look but he just laughed and then went on more seriously. "I know a guy high up involved in this place, so I was able to call in a favour so that we could have this place to ourselves for the night"