Chapter 18: A Visit from Strange

(Y/N) blinked open her eyes slowly, looking around she was in her and Tony's bed in their room. Tony was sitting next to her his head in his hands, she moved slowly and rested a hand on his arm. Tony looked at her "(Y/N)! You're alive! It worked!" He said joyfully, he lent down and kissed her gently on the lips. He looked exhausted and quite frankly an absolute mess, (Y/N) tried to sit up but he pushed her back down "Rest longer, do you want anything to drink or eat?" He asked.

"Ummm." (Y/N) rubbed her temple. "Maybe in a bit, what happened?" She asked confused. "How am I still..." She trailed off.

"So, you knew you might die, why am I not surprised." He rolled his eyes. "How could you do that?" He asked in pain "If you would have died then where would I be?" He choked up briefly then continued "the worst part is that it's my fault, well and Ryan's but mostly mine. If I hadn't reacted the way I did you wouldn't have felt the need to do that. I should have listened to you and not drank anything. I will go and get Ryan in a minute; he's not been able to rest since this happened. Everyone has come down hard on us-well me especially and who could blame them." He attempted to smile but he couldn't quite manage it.

"Why would it matter if I had died? You would be better off Tony after everything you said. You don't want anything to do with me and I understand." (Y/N) said sadly. Guilt flashed across Tony's face "(Y/N) look I'm really sorry about everything, I should have trusted you, especially after what you showed me in your mind. It was just a hell of a lot to process that's all and it did hurt me that you couldn't have told me ages ago."

"Trust me I understand Tony and I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I wanted to, but it wasn't easy then all this stuff started happening with my powers... but I have been selfish and I'm sorry. Please know that I do love you and everything I did was because of that." (Y/N) started to choke up. Tony stroked her face tenderly "Shhh, it's ok I know. I understand now, how could I not after what you did back there? You were ready to die for me, I won't forget that. I nearly lost you....I nearly killed you and I can never forgive myself." His eyes filled with tears.

"It was my fault Tony, I had to make it right. I can't let Ryan take all the blame for this; I had my part in this." (Y/N) replied. Tony shook his head.

"No, it was a mistake and a difficult situation. I'm just sorry it took you nearly dying for me to realise the truth." Tony said earnestly, (Y/N) reached up and cupped his face in her hand, they looked at each other love flowing through both their eyes. "What happened after I passed out?" (Y/N) asked.

"Well, I caught you before you fell to the ground, then we rushed you inside. It was Wanda and Ryan that saved you. Ryan's healing powers weren't enough on their own but with Wanda's and his energy combined and as Wanda's powers are so similar to yours, she thought you would possibly respond to her energy. That a recharge from her might be enough to revive you and low and behold it worked. They saved your life, and I will be forever grateful to them."

"Where is she? I must speak to her." (Y/N) asked.

"I will fetch her in a minute, I need to finish the story, after you started breathing again, we still couldn't wake you. So, I have been sitting here ever since. It was when I thought I was going to lose you that I realised I couldn't live without you no matter which reality you were from. While you were out, I spoke to Ryan and Wanda, Wanda showed me again the memories you had shown her so I could understand better, sober this time. I finally realised how much you loved me. I was fascinated by your power, so I have spent a lot of time studying it in the lab while I waited for you to wake. Between sitting here watching you of course." He smirked at her. (Y/N) was pleased to hear that things had smoothed over so much "So you and Ryan are ok now then?" She asked worried.

"He's alright I suppose, nothing on me though." He said dismissively and (Y/N) shook her head.

"How long have I been out?" she queried.