They know the whole story with the news.

They've been understanding of his moods with that happening, worried and hesitant but still trying to lighten his face like they can. They've never been good at understanding him before, so he appreciates the effort.

Jisung sighs heavily before standing up. He can't stay here, it's too suffocating, he wants to be with his soulmates right now.

He needs to. Otherwise he's gonna choke and drown.

So he yells it to his parents before rushing downstairs with a bag already made. He wears his shoes messily then hastily leaves the house. He takes his bike and starts pedaling quickly.

Minho and Changbin's house isn't too far away. He's already seeing it on the horizon after a good ten minutes.

He doesn't know why he's so in a rush and stressed, but he throws his bike just next to the house and roughly opens the door.

It's only when he closes the door that he feels this weird twisted relief washing him over, exhaling a shaky breath.

"Sung ?"

Jisung looks up to Hyunjin who's been in the kitchen, while Felix is sitting in the living-room wrapped in a blanket, "You good ?"

Jisung doesn't really know what this weird feeling means.

"Now that I'm here, yeah."

Hyunjin smiles sympathetically as he walks to him, eyes glassy, "Then why are you crying ?"

Jisung doesn't know why, but he breaks down.

Jeongin takes his time to go back to the park where Chan had been opening the most. He presses his back against the tree and watches life going while his own had been teared so easily from him.

He kind of wishes he could picture it, but there's no way of showing it without tearing his heart in pieces and having a gaping hole taking its place.

Maybe, it's already the case.

He takes his camera and snaps a picture of a kid running around with his dog.

He wonders if Chan would have adopted a dog if he hadn't been brainwashed.

"Stop frowning, you'll have wrinkles."

Jeongin grimaces uglily while Seungmin sits next to him, "You're finding me too easily now."

Seungmin smiles, "You always come here when you need to relax," he explains as he watches around the park, "and with everything going on, I knew."

Jeongin hums then sighs, "Do you think he's really happy ?"

Seungmin's focus goes to the kids playing around and the worried mothers, "I'm not sure," he replies, takes Jeongin's hand, "he might think he is, but I feel like he's not."

"I feel the same," Jeongin tells him, squeezes his hand.

Being with your soulmate is what everyone wants. It's the best fulfillment in life.

Despite Chan rejecting them, the soulmate marks didn't break. And with that, his fulfillment would never be satisfied.

Breaking a bond was more than rare. The only registered one on the topic, was about a big hatred the soulmates had for each other, so gigantic they actually tried to kill each other.

There might be more than they think, but it was clearly rare.

And hopefully Chan subconsciously believed them, and he will get it.