two

She was a few seconds into her laughter when she realized none of them were laughing with her. She stopped laughing suddenly as she shook her head. It's not possible. They were just larpers who were fans of the series. That's all.

"Amaris, dear, are you feeling like yourself?" 'Rhaenyra' asked her, a worried expression plain as day on her face. Amy wanted to laugh in her face. She chose not to, though. She looked around the room again. Something screamed at her that she wasn't just in a larping scenario. She wanted to ignore it, but it got louder with each shove away. Amy felt frustrated tears building up in her eyes. She couldn't move, she couldn't see, and she didn't know where she was. If this was a joke, it was going on for far too long.

"She's been acting odd ever since she woke for the first time nights ago. I can't help but wonder if the hit did something," 'Rhaenyra' tried to keep her voice quiet. Amy didn't have the patience to tell her she was doing a shit job.

She heard the door open again and almost groaned at the thought of more people coming in while she was trying to get a grasp on what was happening. She ignored everyone around her as she broke things down.

The evidence that she was still in her world was the simple fact that it wasn't possible for her to enter a book. Simple as that.

She tried to ignore the evidence that suggested she might actually be in a book. Her world didn't feel like this one did. It didn't smell like this one did. They all spoke in formalities. She could vaguely see the outlines of medieval-looking outfits. She couldn't see actual lights, just what she thought were candles.

Maybe she died, and this was some fucked up version of the afterlife. She didn't feel dead, though. Do dead people even feel? She crossed that idea out before landing on the most probable one. She was dreaming. She dreamt of getting attacked and transported to this world. She's had weird dreams before, so it was easy to believe. Easier than believing she was in a book.

"I think I want to wake up now," she spoke aloud, hoping to startle her dreaming self awake.

"You are awake," someone told her. She ignored them. She was dreaming.

"Wake up, please," she pleaded with herself. She could feel the shake in her voice as she begged herself to wake up. She didn't like it here. Hot, frustrated tears ran down her cheeks. Without thinking about it, she brought her hand up to hit her head, hoping to knock her brain free. She cried out in pain after she did. Suddenly, she felt like she had been dipped in ice. You can't feel pain in dreams.

She shook her head, "No. Wake up."

She hit her head again, ignoring the shot of pain. She wasn't in pain. She was dreaming. You can't be in pain in dreams. She's not in pain. She yelled at herself to wake up while moving to hit herself again, but she was stopped. People were yelling and she was being held by someone. She fought their grip; she needed to wake up. She only needed to wake up. Something was placed in her mouth, and she tried to spit it out. A hand clamped over her mouth before she could. She told herself that she didn't feel herself getting lightheaded. She told herself she wasn't in blinding pain. She told herself that her throat wasn't hurting from the screaming she was doing. She told herself it didn't hurt. Because she was dreaming, and you can't feel pain in dreams.

**************

"It was horrifying, Laenor. I've never seen someone behave like that in all my life," was the first thing she heard when she was conscious again. She jerked at her wrist, only to find it was tied to the bedpost. She was still here. Her breath quickened as she felt her throat closing up.

"I'm sorry, sweet girl. We didn't want to have to do that, but you were hurting yourself. We didn't want to risk it," the woman told her. Amy's hopes of this being a dream were further and further away. She tried to reach out and keep a hold on them, but they were just out of reach each time.