"Y-you don't... You don't want to know..." Katsuki warned, and the woman sighed.

"Go in."

"What?"

"Go see him. That's what he would want. Please, you're his hero, you need to go see him." Inko ordered, and as if on a queue one of the nurses in the room flung open the door.

"He's requesting to see 'Kacchan'." She said, panicked. Katsuki didn't waste a second running through that door.

But what he saw made him want to leave.

It hurt so, so much to see Izuku struggling with his life and against time, suffering as air could barely find his lungs.

Yet still, through tears of pain and sadness, a shaking hand with a heart rate monitor on the index finger reached out, meeting with a warm calloused one.

"K-Ka-achan..." Izuku managed to say.

"Shhh, don't say anything, please Izuku, don't give up yet..." Katsuki said, stroking the cold hand in his own as he took his place at the edge of the bed.

"I-I'm t-trying, I s-swear..." He paused, trying to claim as much oxygen he could, "I d-don't... W-wanna go, Kacchan...!"

"I know, I know, there could be a way but I just don't know, hell you know I'd do anything to get it, same for your mom."

"Mom said... S-she really likes you, h-hero..." Izuku smiled, voice dying down slowly as his final breaths were growing closer.

"Izuku don't say another word, I swear..." The blonde took a minute to acknowledge the fact he was crying by wiping a tear with his arm away.

"N-no Kacchan... I do-don't want this t-to be over yet..."

"C-cause..."

"I love y-you s-so so much..."

"A-and it's more painful... T-trying to leave you then it is a-actually dying..."

'And I just want you to know...'

Izuku held onto Katsuki's hand tighter, not ready to form his final words correctly. Was this really it? How could he ever wish for something as gruesome as this when there was just so much...

'That if you say...'

"K-kacchan, I love you..." Izuku breathed out, and Katsuki did not hesitate to answer with "I love you so fucking much Izu."

'Goodbye today...'

Izuku's free hand fell to the side, finding a familiar button on the side of the bed he was instructed to use for emergencies.

Well dying when he could be thriving in a life with Katsuki seemed like an emergency.

"K-Ka-acchan, I-I'm not-... I-I'm going to keep trying, o-okay?" 

'I'd ask you to be true...'

Katsuki was so caught up in the moment that he didn't notice a swarm of nurses and even a doctor enter.

"Come on! This boy asked us to keep him alive, get a move on!" Someone yelled out in the panic of it all.

The two lovers were distracted in looking into each other's teary eyes until a hand was placed on Katsuki's shoulder. "Sorry son, we'll do our best, but... You're going to have to leave for now."

Katsuki stood up, not breaking the very well-held eye contact he had with Izuku. The patient smiled softly, managing to hold together the blonde's breaking heart.

"...I love you..."

"I love you too dammit..."

Izuku smiled, watching as Katsuki disappeared through the small crowd he had called up.

The boy had made a decision only two mere weeks ago, and that decision was to put up a really strong fight today. 

They knew, everyone knew it was coming...

But even if this is the finale...

"Well, I gotta go. See ya later nerd... And hey, I'm total shit at talking and explaining stuff, but... Don't give up, promise?"

"*sigh* promise."

Izuku had a promise to keep to his hero. 

But still, it couldn't be any harder on both lovers... 

Cause chance leans both ways. 

'Cause the hardest part of this... is leaving you.'