005. do you know the end?

Chapter five ✴ Do you know the end?

THE NEXT MORNING, Giselle decided she needed to tell Percy and Grover about her dreams. So, after finishing her breakfast, the brunette walked up to the Poseidon table and pulled Percy up to his feet, his spook hitting the table with a loud clung as she pulled him away from the praying eyes of the campers and signaled for Grover to follow them.

"What ─ Oh, Gigi, what the fuck!" Percy complained as he stumbled after her, "I didn't finish eating that."

"I'll get you something to eat after," Giselle spoke up, her legs taking them to a place where they would usually sit and just do nothing ─ their little resting spot as they called it. She came to a stop as Grover caught up to them, "But I need to tell you something first."

So Giselle told the two boys about her dream. They sat in the meadow watching the satyrs chase the wood nymphs through the snow. The nymphs had promised to kiss the satyrs if they got caught, but they hardly ever did. Usually the nymph would let the satyr get up a full head of steam, then she'd turn into a snow-covered tree and the poor satyr would slam into it headfirst and get a pile of snow dumped on him. 

When she told Grover and Percy her nightmare, the satyr started twirling his finger in his shaggy leg fur. Son of Poseidon stared at the ground, his jaw set as he listened.

"A cave ceiling collapsed on her?" Grover asked.

"Yeah. What the fuck does that mean?"

Grover shook his head. "I don't know. But after what Zoë dreamed ─ "

"Whoa." Percy raised his hands in a pausing motion, "What do you mean? Zoë had a dream like that?"

"I. . . I don't know, exactly. About three in the morning she came to the Big House and demanded to talk to Chiron. She looked really panicked."

Giselle tilted her head and frowned, "And you would know this because. . . ?"

Grover blushed. "I was sort of camped outside the Artemis cabin."

"What for?"

"Just to be, you know, near them."

"You're a stalker with hooves." Percy laughed.

"I am not! Anyway, I followed her to the Big House and hid in a bush and watched the whole thing. She got real upset when Argus wouldn't let her in. It was kind of a dangerous scene."

Giselle tried to imagine that. Argus was the head of security for camp ─ a big blond dude with eyes all over his body. He rarely showed himself unless something serious was going on. She wouldn't want to place bets on a fight between him and Zoë Nightshade.