Androids, aliens and wizards

Start from the beginning

Some people who were walking by stopped to photograph and video her as she walked, the paparazzi making it even more evident that she was there. But she kept her head down and kept walking, the only thing on her mind was getting to Bucky.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n walked up to the door of Bucky's apartment. She gently knocked on the door to let him know she was there before she placed her hand on the door handle and slowly opened it

Bucky was sitting on the floor in front of the tv, he usually slept there because he wasn't used to sleeping on beds. Though y/n wished that he would sleep in a bed, she never pushed him to do anything.

He was staring intently at the tv with his brows furrowed, y/n could feel the pain and anger radiating off of him. She glanced over at the tv and saw a man with blonde hair and a blue uniform with a star on the front being interviewed on a football pitch.

"I don't have the flashiest gadgets, I don't have super strength. But what I do have is guts. Something Captain America always had. Always needs to have, and I'm going to need every ounce of it. Because I've got big shoes to fill."

Y/n gilt irritation building in her. She glanced down and saw that Bucky had tossed his coat on the floor, he probably dropped it when he saw the tv. She bent down and picked it up.

"Did you know Steve Rogers?" The interviewer asked.

"I was two years out of West Point when Steve came back on the scene. I followed his career very closely as an Avenger. I like to think that I modeled my work after him." Walker answered

"You've always wanted to be a hero?" The interviewer asked

"I liked that what I was doing would make people feel safe. Steve Rogers was the kind of guy who could do that, he gave me hope. Even though I never met him, he feels like a brother." Walker said.

Y/n clenched her fists, that man was rubbing her the wrong way and she hadn't even met him. Like a brother, please. He doesn't know the first thing about Steve.

"Wow." The interviewer said. Bucky clenched his fists and pointed the remote at the tv, switching it off and plunging the room into silence.

Y/n walked over to Bucky with his jacket still draped across her arms. She placed his black jacket on his couch and took a seat beside him on the floor.

She lent her head on his shoulder and wrapped her arm around his arm that was across his legs.

Y/n went to speak up but Bucky interrupted her. "Did you know?" He gritted out

"Know what, buck?" She asked

"That Sam was giving up the shield, that there was a new captain America." Bucky stated

Y/n sighed, she glanced down at her legs for a moment before she lifted her head up, looking him directly in his beautiful eyes.

"Buck...I know about Sam, he told me he couldn't handle it and he was going to give it to the museum. I didn't think it was my place to argue with him about it. But I didn't know this was going to happen, I swear. I just heard about this John Walker guy five minutes ago." She said softly.

Bucky nodded, his eyebrows were still deeply furrowed and his eyes looked angry. He moved away from her and stood up, he moved towards the couch and picked up his jacket that she had placed there.

He swung it over his shoulders and began to walk towards the front door. "Bucky?"

He didn't respond. He placed his arms through the sleeves of his jacket and reached out to grab the door handle. Y/n stood up from where she was sitting and raised her hand.