Chapter Fifty-five

Start from the beginning

Smiling, I took "World War Z" and turned the DVD player on before playing the CD. Lyric and Grace stopped arguing once the movie started to play, "Now this, is a good movie!" Grace commented, giving me two thumbs up. Lyric became silent as her attention is at the television. I almost jumped off my seat when a zombie almost bit Brad Pitt.

"Lucinda," Dad shook my arm, I turn to look at him. "Yes dad?" I questioned softly, hoping I wouldn't disturb Grace and Lyric who are watching. "I just wanna tell you, me and your mom are going to bed now, so can you please lock the doors when your friends are gone?" I nodded, "Sure dad." It was just a simple favor, and easy to do.

"Right, okay then. Goodnight kiddo," He patted my shouler before turning to Grace and Lyric, "Goodnight to you ladies!" Both of them waved, they replied in unison, "Goodnight to you too, Mr. Mackenzie!" Dad climbed up the stairs, mom followed behind him. We were already at the part where the airplane was about to crash, when the doorbell rang.

Lowering down the volume, Grace began to cheer gleefully, "He's here! Guy, do I look presentable?" She asked, Lyric stood up and pointed at her lips, "There's something on your teeth." This made Grace panic a little, searching for a mirror which made Lyric laugh uncontrollably.

"I was just kidding Gracie," She laugh, Grace gritted her teeth, I didn't know if it was Lyric's joke or she called her by her real name. "I'll have my revenge later," She whispered only for the three of us to hear. When the doorbell rang once more, we hurriedly went to the door to answer it.

Grace opened the door widely and grinned, "Hey," She greeted, I almost drop my jaw when I saw her boyfriend. "Hey babe," He smirked, oh so he is British too. He has brown eyes, staring at Grace with adoration. His hair was jet black, which was gelled back nicely. He wore a black leather jacket, and skinny jeans. "Come in," Grace held his arm to pull him inside the house and out from the cold atmosphere.

She turns to me and smiled, "This is the girl I was talking about, this is Lucinda Mackenzie." Grace introduced, I send him a small wave, "Hello." He nodded, "Hello to you too, it's great to finally meet you. Grace here talks about you all the time." I turn to look at her, she just shrugged.

"Lucinda Mackenzie, this is my boyfriend, Zayn Malik."

He grins, as he held out a hand for me to shake, and I did. "We have officially met." I laughed at his comment, "Yes, we have." Pulling away, I watch as Lyric and Zayn interact with one another, talking about how their lives are. I just stood there, awkwardly, as they chat. "Zayn, do you need anything? Water? Juice?" I offered. He shook his head, "No, no, I am fine. Don't worry about me."

We took a seat on the couch, the movie long forgotten as they talked. Zayn started to question me, I answered them truthfully. I didn't know we we're playing 20 questions tho. "So Lucinda, how old are you?" Zayn asks.

"I'm 17, my birthday is next week." Lyric sat up, "What? Your birthday I next week and you didn't bother to tell us? We should celebrate it!"

I shooked my head, "Nah, I'm not the kind of person to celebrate things. Even my birthday," I answered. Both girls sighed, "Come on Lucy! Let us celebrate it together!" Grace argued, "Zayn, go tell her it's a bad idea to not celebrate your birthday." Zayn nod, agreeing with Grace, "She's right Lucinda."

"Okay, okay." I surrendered, pouting a bit, "You win." Lyric cheered, "I can't wait!" Looking up to check the time on the clock, it was already ten in the evening. I still have, we still have classes tomorrow morning. When Grace announced that they were going home, I mentally sigh in relief. Yes, bedtime for me.