"I was told that he visited his mother and brother's ash in the evening," Kim Chansoo added.

It was easy to picture it; after five years, Lee Yoohan, the filial son, would probably miss his deceased family member, no matter how trashy he had become. Whether it was nostalgia or stress or foolishness, he drove toward the place where his brother died and lost control of the car.

He might be pretty depressed right now.

Lee Wooseok narrowed his eyes, lips stretched into a mirthful smile. "How much time do I have before the dinner appointment?"

"About an hour, Sir, but..."

"Go to the mansion."

"Sir? Didn't you plan to visit the first madam tod—"

The secretary instantly closed his mouth when Lee Wooseok stared at him coldly. That wasn't good—the eldest son really detested having to repeat his older.

With a gulp, the secretary tapped on the driver seat, and the car took a turn toward the Lee family's mansion.

Now, shouldn't a good big brother go and console his dear, pretty little brother?

* * *

Yoohan had been spending the morning catching up for more sleeping time, and then sunk himself in the sofa and played games. He was only casually fiddling with it though, waiting for an inevitable visit.

The first visit, unexpectedly, was made by the family's doctor. Just by the way the doctor questioned him, Yoohan knew that the man was there not to treat him, but to check whether his wound was genuine or not.

Well, fortunately, they were all real—although obviously not caused by crashing into a tree. But getting chased by a truck should be counted as a traffic accident too...right? So technically he wasn't even lying.

The one who visit him after that was someone he didn't think would come. Well, not now, at the very least.

The woman sauntered in with poise. Her whole appearance was glamorous and expensive, yet still elegant, thankfully. The light brown hair flowed down like silky, shining rivulets. Yoohan calculated that the money that went into making that hair look the way it was could be used to purchase another car.

She stopped beside the couch, looking up and down at Yoohan with a haughty face. The pretty makeup couldn't hide the disdain on her face, and Yoohan threw everything back with the best, prettiest smile he had in his arsenal.

"Hello, noona," Yoohan used his nicest voice, glancing at the entrance of the building. He didn't spot any of Wooyoung's entourage, and his mind quickly spun. This could be an opportunity.

Lee Wooyoung would have hissed and frowned if she didn't remember her hard work in maintaining her image. "That's the only thing you could say after arriving without showing your face in the big house?"

Yoohan, still keeping his smile, just turned his gaze towards the screen again. "Then you should have waited until I show my face, noona," he said lazily, sinking even more to the couch just to give that unbothered effect. "But I see that you missed me too much."

"You—" she almost yelled, but stopped herself in time, crossing her arm while staring at Yoohan sharply. "So it's true that you've changed."

The old Lee Yoohan would never talk back like this; he would either just smile politely or ignored her altogether. Old Yoohan would never initiate or respond to conflict.

But then again, the old Yoohan would never go straight to the annex building without properly coming through the main house and greeting everyone like a good boy.