•2•

•••

i groan and detangle myself from bobbys arms as our alarm goes off. i have the morning off from top gun, probably because my husband and his crew are taking the skies today. i have to be there in the afternoon though.

i get out of bed and head downstairs to make breakfast for bobby and i. turning on some quite music as i cook i can here bob get out of bed and into the shower.

when bob is done getting ready he comes downstairs dressed in his uniform with his cute glasses on. "ooh what did you make?" he comes over to me and hugs me from behind as i scramble some eggs.

"i figured some bacon, toast, and some eggs should be good enough to start your morning?" he kisses me on the cheek and lets go of me to start setting the table.

"that sounds amazing sweetheart, thank you."

after im done cooking we both eat pretty quickly, not wanting to be late, bob leaves fifteen minutes early.

bob and i got up around five am so i have several hours to kill before i have to go at noon. i decide to clean up around the house, fixing pillows, wiping down tables, vacuuming rugs. when im done pretty much cleaning the whole house i have two hours to get ready.

i go get dressed in a thin long sleeved purple crop top and some black work out leggings, so i can fit my flight suit over my clothes. i tie my hair in a slicked back low bun and do light makeup.

i decide to make myself some lunch before i go. i make a small sandwhich with a side of grapes and celery with peanut butter on it.

when im done eating i realize i am about to be late. i rush outside to see tina in my driveway, she usually picks me up because bobby has had the car in lemoore.

"hey babe, took you long enough!" tina rolls down her window and shouts at me as i rush into the passenger seat.

"you didnt even tell me you were here. i brought you lunch by the way." i hand her a brown paper bag with the same things i ate in it.

"ooh thanks mommy!" she laughs and unpacks the lunch with one hand as she drives.

"how was your night with... rooster? was that his name?" she blushes deeply and keeps eating her sandwich. she doesnt answer so i push her a little more, "hmmm?"

"fine, it was amazing but i dont know if it will turn into anything." shes still blushing and she shows her id to the guard at the entrance to base. they let us pull through and she keeps driving.

"you like him though?"

"yeah i do,"

"then ask him out, i dont think he would say no to you."

she doesnt answer and we pull up at the hangar and get out, grabbing our stuff from the back seat. i see bobbys car in the parking lot and i smile. i hope i run into him today.

during out daily briefing they tell us that we will be in the sky while the special detachment is doing their pushups and watch their mistakes. im confused at the pushup part but ill just ask bob about it later.

after they tell us the drill they let us go to the locker rooms to put our flight suits on and head out to the tarmac.

im walking with tiger and my RIO, shrimp toward our jets. shrimp hates his callsign, he made the mistake of sleeping with an admirals daughter while we were at the academy together and she told everybody that he had a micro penis. ive seen him naked and i know for a fact it isnt micro.