His lips pressed into a line. Perhaps getting her back on his side wouldn't be so simple this time around. Everything she said was true, of course, but that didn't mean he was willing to let her know that. There were still so many pieces of the story missing-- pieces that he could warp and manipulate until she understood why he did what he did.

Although he couldn't be honest now, Henry really did plan on telling Sixteen the truth one day. About his family, about the lab, about his desire for a world where they could flourish. Before knowing her, he thought he would be alone in that world, sitting atop a throne built from the desecrated remains of civilization. But now he had Sixteen to consider. And oh, how glad he was, to have someone as powerful as her by his side. One day they would live unbound by trivial human conventions, great parriarchs of a society built upon their backs.

She'd be worshiped.

Of course, no one would ever be capable of worshipping her quite as much he did, but he'd certainly let them try.

The two of them just had to get out of the woods, first. Afterwards, Sixteen would need some... gentle guidance, but she'd see things as he did eventually. The world had to be fixed, and only deities like them could provide the proper rehabilitation.

Henry was convinced, without a shadow of a doubt, that all of their qualms would be eased in due time. With a renewed sense of purpose, he closed off the distance between himself and Sixteen, finding his place beside her on the bed.

She flinched at the suddenness of his movements. Henry's heart sank... Maybe winning her trust wouldn't be as easy as he thought.

The entire situation gave him a headache.

"Are you just gonna stay quiet?" She asked, pulling him from his thoughts. "You're not even going to try and deny it, Peter? Or One, or whatever the fuck--."

"--Henry. I want you to call me Henry," Came his firm response. "And no, I'm not going to deny it. That would be an exercise in futility, Sixteen, wouldn't you agree? I lied to you and that was wrong of me, but I can be honest now. I'll tell you everything."

"I can't trust you not to lie to me again and I don't..." The words fell into an uncertain silence. Her gaze fell to the bloodied palms of her hands. "This is just really disappointing."

"I know." Henry's thoughts made no real sense. He wanted to steal away every ounce of sadness from her, take it on himself even if it meant he would buckle beneath the weight. Then again, he had to lie to her. There was no other choice.

"How can I know this isn't all some test from Papa?" She narrowed her eyes, "How do I know you haven't been working with him this whole time? Is this another trick, Peter?" Confusion and paranoia made her mind run wild with all sorts of baseless theories and explanations for what she'd seen.

"No, no, no," Henry moved from his seat, knees colliding with the hard ground in front of her. He shook his head, repeating the word 'no' over and over as he took her hands in his. "No more tricks," He swore, tilting his head up to meet her eyes. "I'm not working with him. I wouldn't. Can't you see? I'm all yours, Sixteen, there isn't anybody else."

She stared down at him, lips separated ever so slightly. She sucked in sharp, shallow breaths which heated Henry's skin. He could see the conflict in her eyes as clear as day, a silent battle waged only for him. He opened his mouth, having half a mind to tell Sixteen how bewitching she looked in that moment.

"Promise?" She breathed.

"Promise."

"Okay then," She sunk to the floor beside him, maintaining eye contact the entire way down. There was still so much hesitance in the way she regarded him. Perhaps Sixteen had calmed down, but splinters of fear still lingered inside of her. "So you'll answer any question I ask you?"