Chapter 9

"Sorry Nu, something came up at Lampang. I need to go back now" Zee urgently stand up to his feet ready to walk out of the apartment but Nunew follow after his step.

"Zee, can I?"

"Nu whatever it is you're trying to tell me can it wait till everything settles? I really need to go like right away. I'm sorry" Zee pull the younger's head and kiss it before reluctantly releasing the male from his hold.

"I wanna go with you Zee!" Nunew shouted when the older get in his car ready to drive off. The older look up at him with an unbelievable expression.

"What?"

Nunew run to the passenger side and let himself in never forget to buckle the seatbelt for safety. He turn his face to watch the frozen man blinking at him.

"Come on,drive. What are you waiting for?"

"Are you sure?" Zee move his hand and squeeze Nunew's right thigh.

"I am, so let's go" Nunew let Zee's large palm rest on his lap. He like it there.

###

As soon as both of them arrive, Zee look around the pack house for the damage that have been implanted. It would take a lot of work to rebuilt the place but he will do it regardless. This is their only home and he need to protect them all, his pack his family.

Nunew slowly walk behind Zee. He follow every step and turn the older make so they won't be far apart. Nunew never would have imagine to comeback to this place again. The place where he's born and raised by his parent. How would they react if they know he's back? Would they shunned him or would they welcome him with an open arm? Nunew isn't ready to find out.

"Zee your father have order the pack to gather inside the main house for now. It is too dangerous to be out here since we don't know when the rogue would return for another attack"

"Alright" Zee turn his body to the back and enter-twine his finger with Nunew. The alpha then pull him along to the main house. Max run after them from behind watching out for any danger.

"I'm here, father" Zee greeted the old man who is sitting on a chair with the other pack members.

"Finally" His dad sigh in relief. Walking to him for a side hug. He get curious once he saw that his son is not alone. Someone familiar standing not far from Zee while their hand holding each other.

"Nunew?" Someone from the crowd cut in his question. They turn their head and saw Yim standing up quite shock with what he saw behind Zee.

Both Nunew's Pa and Ma turn their head searching for the person and their eyes finally fall to the slender man standing beside their head alpha.

Pa and Ma rush with tears running down their face. Nunew open his arm big enough for both of them to fit in. The family of three finally united after years being separated.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you" Nunew let his parent scent and pampered him with kisses. He missed their loving touch the most, it's good to be back.

Alpha Panich look at the three with a knowing smile and then take a small glance to his youngest son Zee. "You bring him all the way from Bangkok?"

"He willingly come with me, father. I would never force him if he isn't ready" Zee draw a fond smile looking at the now crying Nunew.

"Let's continue our plan since you're here now. I plan to divided two team and have one for watch out and the other for near inspection. You can lead the second team while I take care of the first one"

"At your command father"

"No. You should do it this time Zee. You're our leader, not me"

"But father—"

"Show how capable of you for your position Zee. I trust you" Alpha Panich pat his son's back in encouragement. Giving him a tough push to be in the middle taking his original place as the leader of the pack.

"I will do everything as best as I could" Zee answer.

###

"Nunew you're not coming?" Yim manage to pull his childhood friend to the corner and whisper to his ears.

"No. I want to stay here and be with my parent. Even if I follow Phi Zee, I'll only be a nuisance for him when I don't even know basic combat. So it is better for me to stay low" Nunew give his long time friend a sincere smile.

"Alright if you say so. Please take care of the elders and pups. They're the most vulnerable to danger and we will try our best to keep watch on the outside" Yim pull Nunew into a bone crushing hug and reluctantly letting him go.

"Nunew come here for a sec" Zee lift his hand to get the younger's attention.

Nunew walk to him and look at the alpha expectantly. Zee's scent spike up when his omega smile at him beautifully. How could Nunew look so elegant with his walking posture now that Zee watch his every step.

"What is it Zee?" The omega stand tall on both of his feet facing Zee. Right now, everyone around them could tell just by looking at them that Zee doesn't use his dominant side when being near his omega. His alpha show respect towards Nunew's omega. Zee see him as his equal. That is enough pride for Nunew to be more certain in choosing this path. He would never in his lifetime regret coming back to the alpha's hand if this is what it feels like being Zee's destined mate.

"Nu, I wish I could bring you with me to inspect the outside situation but I respect your choice in staying here. Can I ask for a request?"

"Yeah you can, alpha"

"Can I ask for you to take care of yourself and everyone else in here? I want you to protect them as best as you could while I lead the others on the other team. It might not be much but I do hope that every one of us would not get hurt especially you Nu"

"Zee, who do you think I am? Of course I can take care of myself well. I am not just a weak omega that don't know what to do in this kind of situation. I might not be that good in combat but I do know how to protect myself and everyone too against any danger"

"Good. Let's promise each other to stay alive and to not get hurt until the end" Zee and Nunew let their forehead touch while they let their wolf calm each other.

"I trust in your ability. You're my mate after all and I'm yours" Nunew steal a kiss on the alpha's lips before ushering him out of the main house. He stand and watch as the alpha made his way out to the forest with his strongest pack members before closing the door shut.