Chapter 6

"This is a joke" Nunew frown not expecting Zee standing by his black Mercedes waiting for the younger to walk out of James's apartment for work. On a Monday morning.

Last night, Zee ended up sending him home. Well since Max is also with them the entire ride, Nunew is very much forcing himself not to attack the alpha any moment he got. Zee really be triggering his bad side with how easily Nunew could take control over the alpha. Aren't alpha supposed to be more dominant and rough? Nunew could never understand why Zee seem so weak under his judging eyes.

James just eyeing Nunew with curiosity as to why the younger is stopping mid-walk. He look up finding a familiar face as he greets the male alpha.

"Oh hey Zee, what's bring you here early in the morning?" The male beta pointed out.

"Uhm is it possible to give Nunew a ride to work?"

"You know each other?" Nunew ask James.

"I could ask the same New, you guys know each other too?" James intrigued.

"Unfortunately" Nunew roll his eyes lazy.

"What's with you, Nunew?" James nudge his side.

"Could you ask him to go away. We'll be late for work" The young omega tug on James's loose shirt.

"It's okay Zee, we're going to work together. No need for you to give him a ride" James answered.

"Nunew?"

'Oh my god just go away' Nunew beg inside his mind.

"Can I at least send you home after work?"

Nunew signalled James for help but the beta is already sitting on the driver's seat. Waiting for the younger to get in. James got no time to waste. Nunew should be able to handle this alone.

Here comes nothing. Nunew walk to the alpha and whisper something to him.

"Zee I swear I won't hesitate if you keep on irking me"

"Please" Zee beg him while standing of course. He wouldn't want to be beaten to pulp early in a Monday morning by his mate now would he.

"Nunew come on!" James turn the window down to call for him tapping on the steering counting how much more Nunew would take to be done talking with the alpha.

"I'll be there" He quickly reply.

"Nu"

"Okay fine, here the address of my work place. I clocked out around six so if you're there early, wait in the lobby area" Nunew hit the business card on the alpha's chest with his palm as he run back to James's car in a rush.

Zee look at the written address with a small smile. A little progress he got there but it's more than enough. At least now he knows where the smaller works at. Zee watch James's car drove away as he get back inside his own and begin to drive out of their neighbourhood.

###

"Nunew" If the alpha were in his wolf form, Nunew could already imagine the wolf tail hitting on the floor in excitement. Zee did follow his instructions to sit on the lobby waiting for the omega. What an obedient alpha he got there.

'No he's not my alpha' Nunew shake the thoughts away. Biting hard on his lips to come back into reality.

"When did you arrive?" Nunew stand near the alpha getting a whiff of the intoxicating scent. He have been in a stressful situation since morning catching the deadline. In the evening, Nunew have to follow James out on a meeting with their clients and unfortunately one of the said client are the hardest to please. It take a toll on Nunew's emotional state since he want to stay professional but at the same time have to not scream in frustration.