ꏂꉣ꒐ꇙꄲ꒯ꏂ ꊰ꒐꒦ꏂ

"Good morning, princess."

I slightly opened my eyes and saw the real princess walking up to me with breakfast in her hands. Well, actually it was lunch. She held a tray full of food in it.

"I have food!" She said happily and placed the tray on the desk.

"Cool.." I mumbled and turned to the other side, so I don't have to face her.

"Why are you so down?"

"And what are you so happy?"

"Oh, come on! It's literally noon. You missed your training."

"I don't have to go till my wounds are healed. That's what I got told."

"I know, and, of course, you have to rest. But-"

"There's no but. Please leave my room, I wanna be alone."

"At least eat something, okay?"

"I'm not hungry, you can take the tray back."

She sighed and sat down on my bed. I snuggled myself into my blanket, holding tears I don't want to cry. I was too depressed, and I know I was. Every day everything gets worse and worse and worse. I lost the light & I think I'll never find the light ever again.

"You know what my brother always said to me when I felt down? He said: "Life is hard. Life is difficult. Life is going to punch you in the gut. But when you change your attitude, you change your behavior. When your behavior changes, so do your results." I know it can be very hard to start changing your attitude, your mind, etc. But trying is already a big goal."

As the tears fell, I could feel her hand on my shoulder. She slowly tapped on it and stayed in rhythm. It was quiet, but the quietness and her presence really made me feel comfortable and safe. The way she cares for me makes me feel some type of way. No one except for my grandfather was there for me, so having someone another actually cares about except for one person who always cared about you is a weird yet great feeling.

She got up picked up the tray again and placed it on my bed. She told me everything about what food was there & was about to leave when I stopped her.

"Can you join me?"

She stopped but didn't turn around, so I was talking to her back.

"I like your company, so stay with me. O-Only if you want to."

She turned around and I saw her smiling and nodding.

"Of course!" She then said and sat down on my bed again.

I got up and looked at the food. African food is just mwuah, but being depressed and really can't eat at all is the WORST. But I have to force myself, so I won't fall into that disorder..

again.

I picked up the bread and started to eat it first.

"So, wanna tell me about your life? I barely know you."

"How about you ask Griot?"

She started laughing which made me grin as well.

"As I said, he doesn't know everything."

"I'm not really the person who wants to open up, you know?"

"Oh, that's totally fine!"

"It's just, I have some issues.."

"I get it, Yunana. Don't worry, I'm here if you feel comfortable."

"But, I can tell you about my life in the US?"