chapter 22: greatest sacrifice

Start from the beginning

Morgause just shrugs with a half-assed "dunno".

" how do you not know? I thought--

" look princess it's my first time here too.." Morgause responds with a deadpan expression

Arthur is about to speak up his nostrils flaring when Morgaue lifts her hand and interjects "Shhh"

The king now on guard reaches for the hilt of his sword " What? What is it?"

Morgause shrugs as she smirks at the panicked expression, and answers " Nothing I just wanted you to be quiet for a moment."

"Will you finally tell me, what are you and I supposed to do here?" Arthur whispers and yells with a questioning look as she raises one eyebrow after he calms down. Morgause sighs and nods her head. " might as well. Well it's not the exact question to ask, is it?" Arthur raises the other brow and cocks his head to the side in confusion. He is pretty sure that he asked the right question. Morgause looks at him and has to snicker a little. Sometimes he can be so ignorant. So she decides to help him a little and gestures with her hand up and down her body. He looks even more confused now "What are you doing? "Are you mocking me?" and at that Morgause just full-on laughs out loud. Arthur

" well, why am I back alive? Haven't you asked yourself that? You see, I am here for a reason as you should have already guessed that far." He just nods his along and waits for her to continue. " we are one each half of a whole." Arthur doesn't want to look stupid so he just keeps nodding his head even though he is not following at all. Morgause eyeing the king's unusual behavior senses that he is not with her on the matter. She shakes her head and simplifies what she needs to say. " you and I are both half-siblings of Morgana. We each are the other half of her, together we are one.". Arthur feels so stupid for asking but he still goes for it. " So what? We gotta ehm....be whole," he says awkwardly gesturing his hands between them. Morgause just stares at him with a deadpan look and wonders to herself how...just how she never beat him. Well, she knows why, because of a certain warlock but that's beside the point. Arthur feeling her staring at him knows he messed up. "well I was just wondering. Of course I know what you mean but just for the sake of it can you explain it to me." Morgause face palms herself and rubs her temples with her thumb and index finger. " well, to rescue or save our sister there need to be two fundamental requirements done. We are doing the first one. No, not we are the only we can do it since it has to do with Morganas two sides of a human and someone with magic. Also, it is done by blood. We are each side of one coin and with that, we can make Morgana whole again." Arthur now following nods his head but for the first time, he actually understands. " so what now we both like cut our....hands? And let it seep into that cup."

" well not exactly we need to... her widens as she out of nowhere she swings her sword, he reacts instantly and tries to reach his sword but it is too late as he sees the sword slightly grazing his hair right above his head. Arthur is about to get in a fighting stance, Morgause however pushes the king aside and lunges her sword at something floating....a man Arthur notes. The sword however just fades through him. The young king trying to get back to his feet not completely understanding the situation. He just knows that there is an enemy so he has to fight. The mysterious being just stays silent out his 'hand' on Morgause's shoulder and whispers something under his breath. She then vanishes in a gust of wind. Arthur now more confused than ever tries to unsheathe his sword, but the man just slowly and silently floats toward the struggling king. The man doing the same to Arthur now. But he stops himself for some reason to make sure.

Arthur now has a full-on view of the man eyeing him up and down.

the floating ghost-like creature is wearing a dark robe covering its whole body. Dark colors surround it and you can't see its face. 'His' voice echoes throughout the whole place and has a raspiness to it. " You've come from very far King Arthur Pendragon. Do you truly wish to save the witch Morgana Pendragon?" Arthur trying hard to stay composed answers back " Yes I do, mysterious dark floating man, I presume you are a man since your voice is so deep and you look like you have--- the floating figure raises one eyebrow at the young king. At least that's what Arthur thinks he is doing right now since he can sorta feel it. " and I rambling right now I know but..." The king clears his throat and looks back up. " Are you sure? Is that what your heart desires?"