Chapter- 11 New Player

🌙

Luna walked alongside Kageyama, and she had to admit it was a bit intimidating to have someone so intense casting a tall shadow over her smaller frame. She waved to the amenities area and said, "The men's locker rooms, trainers' facilities, overnight rooms, as well as Coach Forester's office are that way."

Kageyama grunted in acknowledgment. 

She had noticed he had a tendency to do that. He wasn't exactly chatty, but he wasn't off putting either. She could tell he was attentively listening because those blue eyes were following every one of her motions, and occasionally he'd focus in on her lips making her become a little tongue-tied. 

"Where is your office?"

She nearly tripped over her one foot, and Kageyama's hands shot out to catch her just in case. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she whispered as embarrassment climbed up her neck. 

Kageyama eyed her heels. They made her much taller, but he was silently curious just how short she was when she took them off because even with them on she still barely came up to his chest. Since graduating high school he had grown another few inches, and his lanky body had bulked up into a much more muscular form making her downright small in comparison. 

"If you can't walk in them, then why do you wear those things?" 

"Huh?!" He pointed down to her feet. She followed his finger to her killer heels. "Oh! I can walk in them, thank you very much. You just caught me off guard with your question."

He had the smallest lopsided smile as she popped back at him. Kageyama scratched the back of his neck and asked, "why would it catch you off guard? It's not a weird question or anything."

"Because your job is down here on the court." She walked toward the doors leading to the gym's first floor, and he walked ahead to hold it open for her. Kageyama surprisingly had amazing manners, so she happily thanked him which made the tips of his pointed ears turn a bit pink. "After seeing your interactions with Hinata, I know that it's going to take some time to get you back on good working terms with the guys. I implore you to put in some real effort on being a team player."

Kageyama's nose crinkled as he snarled at the very thought of it. Luna smiled as she led him into the gym area. "Come on Kageyama, practice is still going on, and I am sure Coach Foster would like to at least make introductions today."

Luna walked into the court area, and she yelped as a series of balls all flew right toward her face. She grabbed the door and slammed it shut as she stumbled back into Kageyama's abs. "Whoa! Are you okay?"

From the other side of the door, she heard Coach Foster call out, "HOLD!"

Luna felt Kageyama's hands resting on her soft hips, and she cleared her throat before stepping a bit away from his warmth. He felt very intimidating being behind her, and the smell of his cedarwood scent was making her body feel flushed. 

Kageyama noticed the blush dusting her cheeks, and he let himself smile knowing he was the one that caused such a cute reaction in her. Before he could say anything else though, the doors opened and Bokuto poked his head into the hallway. 

His eyes bounced between Luna and Kageyama like he was watching a ping-pong match. "Cutie-chan and Kageyama?!?! Am I in the Twilight Zone?!"

"Cutie-chan?"

"Don't ask," she murmured as her professional mask quickly slid black in place. She walked up to Bokuto who was leaning down a bit, so she poked him in the forehead to guide him back through the doors. "Back it up Bokuto. Is it safe to come in now?"