Amity looked up at Alador and grinned before walking back to Emira and Edric.

"What did you ask dad?" Edric asked, putting his hands into his pockets.

"I asked him to get me a phone. So I can talk to Luz on that instead of the scroll. And it'll be weird if I ever go outside with her and I just pull out a flying scroll. Right?" She rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"Oh, yeah. I guess you're right." He playfully nudged Amity. "Smartass."

Emira clicked her tongue. "Edric."

"Sorry."

-

"Woah, come see this!" Emira dragged Edric and Amity towards a store. "Look, so much human stuff." She looked through the window.

Edric walked through the doors. "Let's go see it all then."

Amity raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? Mom and dad don't know where we'll be, and-"

Emira rolled her eyes and pushed Amity into the store. "Ugh, have fun for once, Mittens! Must you always be a party pooper?"

Amity frowned. "I am not-" she dusted herself off in one over-exaggerated move. "-a party pooper."

Edric groaned, walking between the two. "Titan, stop arguing. Let's go look at stuff!"

"Fine." Amity sighed, making Edric cheer and begin fast-walking between isles.

"Oi, Mittens." Emira waved Amity over to where she was, and Amity rolled her eyes before walking over to her.

"What is it?"

"Please get this." She lifted up a wooden spoon.

Amity narrowed her eyes to look at it. "Uhm.. what exactly am I supposed to do with it?.."

"I dunno." Emira snickered, shrugging. "Just looks like something you'd buy."

"Titan. I'm seriously gonna lose my fucking mind in this realm." She groaned, putting her hands on her face.

"Oi." Emira clicked her tongue. "Language."

Amity deadpanned. "Sorry, mom."

Edric ran over to them and showed them a remote. "Look at this thing! Doesn't it look cool? And it has those weird candy things in it too!" He grinned.

A few passing people noticed them, whispering to eachother things like "is he okay?" and "candy? should we ask for help..?"

Amity noticed this so she took the remote out of his hands and set it down, whispering "something tells me it's not candy, Ed. Maybe try not to yell so loudly in the middle of a human store, yeah?"

Emira snickered, elbowing Edric. "Good one."

He rolled his eyes. "No one understands how funny I am. I just go so unnoticed and unappreciated in this family." He sighed, his posture slouched.

Once Emira shook her head and walked away, Amity put her hand on Edric's shoulder and smiled softly, "for the record I think you're the funniest in the family." And she walked after Emira.

While she was trying to catch up, her scroll vibrated. Amity's eyes widened and she ran around, trying to find the nearest bathroom.

When she did, she walked into a stall and slammed the door shut.

Amity took her scroll out to see what it was, and it was a text from an unknown number.

She pressed on the notification and let it display.