My Best Friend's Brother

Author: addiewrites7  Certificate: Received

Genre: Teen Fiction

Summary: 

My name is Ainsley Morris I'm 17 years old and am a junior in high school. I only have one secret that I keep from my best friend Lola Colt. That secret is that I secretly have the biggest crush on my best friends older brother Keaton Colt. 

 Keaton is a senior. He is a 6'2 football player with the hottest body. He has the most amazing 6 pack. When Lola and I were 7 we made some ground rules where we couldn't date each others family members. I didn't want to violate that. It wasn't til I was in 8th grade when I was 100% sure that I was in love with Keaton. He was the starting quarterback as a Freshman in high school which was very rare. I knew right then 2 years ago that I wanted him to be my first kiss.... Not wanting to ruin any relationships with friends Will I go against my best friend or will I follow my heart? Read to find out

Results

Title (⅗): The title is simple and pretty common. Though it's good, readers don't have to remember the name but it's too long for a title.

Cover (⅖): The cover is pretty basic though it's nice but I think that it should be improved. There should be more elements to show and the font needs some changes.

Description (⅗): The blurb is pretty simple yet good. The length is perfect but I think the blurb is telling the whole plot of the story which may or may not catch the reader's interest.

First impression (⅖): The prologue was pretty short and basic. I personally think that we should not write the basic plot first. I mean, it depends on the author of course but first impressions should be something more different.

Writing style (10/10): I liked it actually. Your words were simple and good, it was easy to read especially for the readers like me whose first language is not english.

Emotions and character's development (7/10): This needs some improvement. I feel like you should try to write more deep emotions and use more words to show the emotions so that reader's too feel it. And the characters seem nice so there is not much change in them throughout the story so that may need to be your one the point to focus.

Chapter's Content (8/10): The flow of the chapter was stable but I wish to see more plot twists to keep the reader's edge on their seats.

Vocabulary (10/10): I didn't find any mistakes which is really impressive.

Flow and speed (8/10): The flow was good and I really loved the fact that the story felt realistic . The marks I deducted are because of speed. I think that there are some chapters where the speed is too fast and some where it's too slow. Though it really doesn't matter much!

Personal Opinion: Okay so the first chapter was good and the second was a little boring. Though the rest of the chapters were good. I personally would suggest the author add some more twists because readers really love when there are some plot twists. 

To everyone who is reading this, if you are looking for a teen romance then I would definitely suggest you this book. 

Grand Total:     (53/70)