Why him?

The fire ninja wasn't breathing..
The earth master started preforming cpr while Nya was checking for the pulse. After 5 hopeless minutes Nya shouted happily “He has a pulse! Kai is alive!” Nya hugged Kai happily while he slightly opened his eyes, he was still weak and couldn't move “Hey guys..” the red ninja said before passing out again. “Let's get him to the hospital.” Zane recommended. The ninjas took Kai to the hospital where they could help him. The nurse said that his back was broken and they needed to preform surgery as soon as they could.
★About 2 days later★
The surgery had been a success but Kai hadn't woken up yet. Cole had been sitting next to him the whole time. The black ninja softly squeezed the red ninja's hand. He had dark eyebags under his eyes because he was so worried about Kai. Then he suddenly felt Kai squeez his hand “Kai?” he raised his head “Hey, Cole.” Kai smiled slightly. “I gotta go call the nurse to let them know you're awake!” he said excitedly. Cole called in the nurse who checked up on Kai to see if he was fine. “Seems like you're doing great Mr.Smith.” the nurse smiled. The fire master was happy but he was still in pain so he couldn't go home just yet, maybe in a few weeks.
The other ninjas came to visit Kai after Cole had told them the good news. They were all really happy to see him, especially Nya, she hugged her brother when she saw him “Oh bro I missed you so much and I was so worried!” “Haha, I missed you too sis”. The two laughed together.
★Four weeks later★
Today's the day Kai will be discharged from the hospital because he was healing well. The ninjas helped him to their new play where they were staying, Lloyd gave Kai a tour around their new home. Kai had to temporarily stay on the first floor guest bedroom because he couldn't get up the stairs with his wheelchair. Pixal also greeted Kai happily when he was back. Turned out that the ninjas had gone to quite a few new journies, without Kai..
The red ninja acted all fine “I'm tired, can I get some sleep please?” everyone was fine with it so Nya helped Kai to bed and shut the door behind herself.
Kai couldn't help but tear up thinking about how much of a burden he was to them just by being here. “I'm so useless.. I can't even help them with anything.”
Dang.

To be continued..

★Hello everyone! Ty for reading my story and I'm sorry it took me so long to update yall🥲 I hope yall have enjoyed my story so far! You can always leave you suggestions and ideas for new parts in the comments! Ty for reading<3★