Janien nervously sat at the end of Bryce's leather sofa. After church Janien and Bryce had linked up, and came to his house to hang out.

" Why are you so nervous ma, sit back," Bryce said, as he patted the Extra space on the sofa behind Janien.

Janien sat back as Bryce threw his arm around her shoulder. She held her Telfar tote in her Lap, while her phone sat under her right thigh.

Bryce switched back and forth from ESPN to BET, as the TV played old football games on one channel and Tyler Perry marathons on another.

" How about I turn the tv off and we talk? " he suggested, as he powered the Tv off and shuffled his attention towards Janien.

" I have to ask, who in the hell named you Janien? " Bryce laughed, causing Janien to follow right behind him.

" My great-grandmother on my Father's side's name was Janet and my Great grandfather's name was Jahnien " she explained, " so my father thought it was great to take Jan from Janet and Nien from Jahnien and name me Janien " She chuckled, as Bryce smiled a bit.

" I like it, I think that it's different " He complimented, as she blushed a little.

" and who named you Bryce? " Janien asked, as she looked into his eyes.

" Bryce is my stepfather's name, so before my mom knew she was pregnant she was messing around on my biological with my step... my biological never claimed me and so Bryce Sr. Did until he died" He explained to her.

Janien was noisy, but she could tell it was a sensitive subject to talk about so she left it alone.

" Do you ever wonder what life will be if you were white?" Bryce asked as he looked up at Janien.

Janien let out a semi chuckle before responding " no " Bryce shooked his head at the dumb question he asked.

" Hey, I'm curious about you and white people. " Janien laughed, as Bryce smacked his lips.

" don't ever play my top like that " he smirked, as he couldn't help but laugh at Janien who couldn't control her humor.

" What kind of music do you like?" Bryce asked, before grabbing the controller and going to YouTube.

" umm, I listen to mostly Gospel and Some R&B " Janien said, as Bryce clicked on a song from YouTube.

" This my favorite artist " Bryce clicked on the lyric Video to Rod's wave " alone "

"  You ever feel like you worthless, like you aren't worth shitttt " Rod wave sang through the tv speakers.

" run that part back " Janien Spoke, as she slightly moved closer to Bryce.

"I knew you liked him " Bryce Smirked, as he reminded the intro of Rod waves songs.

For some reason, The words stuck with Janien. She could admit, sometimes she does feel like she's worthless, or not loved.

" Song goes crazy," Bryce said, as he clicked off of it being that the song had ended.

" you good ?" Bryce asked as He caught Janien staring off.