CHAPTER 2 | A NEW WORLD

Start from the beginning

"Then you won't have no problem with us."

He pointed to his boys. A guy with black dreads and a bandana reached his hand out. I shook his hand giving him a warm smile.

"What's up? Name's Aaron but for you, you can call me Josiah."

"Pleasure Josiah. It's Amara."

Another of his boys reached his hand out. He also had dreads but they were blonde instead and he wore a blue beanie complimenting his hair. I also shook his hand smirking as I did.

"Aidan. Good to put a name to a pretty face. You and I if you ask me gon be good friends."

"Hands off playa. I call dibs."

"You should know there ain't nothing wrong with a little competition Kai."

"Psh."

Malakai rolled his eyes while Aidan tried to hide his smile. I just sat there and couldn't even help myself to cover my giggles. A 3rd one went to reach his hand out shaking his hand too. His earring dangled and gleamed under the dim light just like his curls.

"Name's Slade but knowing we gon be meeting around just call me Jeremiah ma."

"Why they call you Slade hm?"

He smirked looking away.

"Curious ain't you?"

"Just want to know what I'm getting into."

"You'll know soon enough. Out of everyone you be asking Kai here why they call him Sin."

I turned to look over at Malakai with curious eyes. He raised his eyebrow looking me up and down.

"Fuck you, Jeremiah. Don't leave Aidan outta this. Cobra my ass."

I put off the question. Just like Jeremiah said I would see soon enough. That just made me more intrigued to see what Trevante had incoming for me.

"All things aside what you and Trevante discussed for us?"

"Like you said earlier new girl in town wants to rule your world. We got another strip club joint 'round here and here's what we thinking. Our gang is known fo what the cops call drug trafficking. They already pushing us on our backs and considering they got you too on their trail we could help each other out."

"What you thinking?"

"Tre got us covered, don't he? You run your little business like you always do and we do too. We both get our money cleaned by our people. You do us a favor in return by getting your girls to get those fools running over here. It's a win-win. Your girls get their cash and we get our piece when they need some...in my words relief. Of course, Tre gets his piece. Once words get out 'bout the booming place we got going on gangs gon come over here and you got yourself back up"

I considered it for a moment. Sounded good to me. I kept telling myself I only had to deal with this mess for a month. At least I had some eye candy to keep me entertained. I looked over to Rex in reassurance and he nodded his head. I reached my hand out.

"It's a deal...Kai."

"Pleasure doing business with you...Divine."